U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2007, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 7,197 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find programs in Mooresville that support Autistic children, along with trustworthy
responsible caretakers if needed to pick up from school- can anyone help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,626,862 times
Welcome to the boards!

We've posted on this topic somewhat extensively ... do a search on "autism" and let us know if you have additional questions.

Good luck!

Sara

Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 PM

331 posts, read 1,236,379 times
I am in California and we have local childcare councils that provide names of licensed daycare providers in your area. I have an autistic son and found several good providers through them. I am sure NC has something similar to that. Good luck!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 PM

59 posts, read 215,402 times
I have always found auti info digging the Oops Wrong Planet Pages. Joining a online group may help too, someone there may know. I would imagine with 1 in 166 children now diagnosed they have this.

jypsy's Education and Special Education Links from Ooops... Wrong Planet! Syndrome

Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 7,102 times
Default nc help

i would love to talk to you..is he in a preschool program? I have teamed with a local church to provide children on the spectrum an inclusion program... i have therapist who could offer transportation and services...look forward to talking to you..
Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 02-11-2008 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: please see terms of service why, ty

Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM

7 posts, read 96,295 times
[FONT=Arial]The federal government mandates that each state provide care/treatment/education for children who are disabled and/or developmentally delayed. North Carolina provides this partly through the NC Infant Toddler Program (for children age 0 - 3 years). This program has established Children Developmental Services Agencies throughout the state. The regional agency that serves children in Anson, Montgomery, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Moore, Richmond and Scotland counties is Children's Developmental Services Agency of the Sandhills. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] This agency is located at 10 Parker Lane, Suite 2, P. O. Box 4359, Pinehurst, NC 28374-4359. Check the Website - [url=http://www.ncei.org/ei/itp/cdsa.html#sandhills]North Carolina Early Intervention Branch[/url] Scroll up and check out the pages showing the Infant Toddler Program, the Preschool Program and the Parent's Handbook. Details about the evaluation and services are provided on this website. The director of this regional agency is Kent Haywood. This agency provides services to children and families in the child's home. The service providers for Montgomery County children come from the Rockingham office to Troy. To make a referral, call the Rockingham phone number 866-386-7199. These services are provided by a speech therapist, a community based rehabilitation services teacher (CVRS), a case manager and a pediatrician. All these services are provided in the home. Even the pediatrician will come to the home, if necessary. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] For each child referred to the agency an intake is done. This involves the child being evaluated in the home to scale the age graded developmental level of the child. A child qualifies for services by being disabled or below the typical developmental level for his or her age. The services assist the child in catching up developmentally. The service providers work with the child and parents are taught ways to assist and teach the child to address specific problems. There is no cost for the evaluation or the CVRS teacher/case manager. The speech therapy is paid for on a sliding scale. First, any health insurance pays, then the remaining (normally 20%) of the cost is paid for by the parents, but on a sliding scale according to the family income and the number of people in the family. The agency counts the child in need of services as 2, so for a family with 2 parents and 2 children the number in the home is considered 5 when figuring the sliding scale. For a five-member family there is no cost at all if the income in less than $48,000. For families making more the cost is usually only a few dollars per visit for the speech therapy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] Working together the parents and service providers help the child advance and deal with any problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I compiled the above information for my niece. Although the town is different you can access the website and found out what you need.
[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina