Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 AM

2 posts, read 16,213 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and 2 children are looking into relocating to NC. We want to purchase a daycare facility. I was wondering were a good place to do this would be. We want to live somewhere where there is a lot of land, so we can spend time outdoors. Also we want to move into an area that is growing rapidly with young families and children. I also need to know what are the average prices for childcare. I have been researching Mooresville and Huntersville. How are these towns. I want something where the houses aren't so close to eachother. We live in Pasco County Florida right now. It is very crowded here. We come from Rochester Ny. Too cold in NY and too hot in Fl. Any info on childcare and living in NC would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 10:21 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliehaas View Post
My husband and I and 2 children are looking into relocating to NC. We want to purchase a daycare facility. I was wondering were a good place to do this would be. We want to live somewhere where there is a lot of land, so we can spend time outdoors. Also we want to move into an area that is growing rapidly with young families and children. I also need to know what are the average prices for childcare. I have been researching Mooresville and Huntersville. How are these towns. I want something where the houses aren't so close to eachother. We live in Pasco County Florida right now. It is very crowded here. We come from Rochester Ny. Too cold in NY and too hot in Fl. Any info on childcare and living in NC would be greatly appreciated!!

Hmm...well I can tell you South Charlotte would be a great place. Also, after-school/after-care is very much in need. In fact most services surounding children. My wife is an SLP and in less than 10 days, she's received 3 inquiries if she would provide private consultation with a few of the children within our community.

Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 13,029 times
Dear Leslie and Family,
We are also from Rochester NY living in Florida, Orlando. We are looking to move due to it is too hot here, but yet Rochester has lost a lot Jobs due to the bigger companies relocating Departments. Funny thing is I also was looking to start a daycare in North Carolina. But remeber as a woman starting a business we are elgible for grants and small business loans. Some of which we don't have to pay back. Try contacting the WSBA. (Womans Small Business Association) They help with business plans contacts and much more for free. When do you plan to move? My sister moved to North Carolina this year and is loving it. She rented apartment 1st to make sure she would like it.
Her apartment is very affordable. She lives about 15mins from the beach.
My concern is the schools. I hear they do have a problem with over crowding. Therefore I am trying to check the school district of each house we have found. I found a house on line the other day for $134k, Three Bedroom and 2 1/2 baths and livingroom and dinning room. You would never find that here. I work in mortgages and it is sad how expense it is too live in Florida.

Plus if you pick an area to live in call the local Telephone company and they will send you the Yellow pages. That is a nice way to get a look at what is being offered in the are you are moving too, you can also shop the other day care that way and find out what they are offering.

let me know if this is helpful.

Posted by tgenene

Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,188 times
Day Care in Huntersville runs around $200 per week for a infant! if you could come in $10-$20 per week lower than that you would have a 6 month waiting list assuming your facility was up to par.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:09 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,711 times
My son's daycare in North Raleigh costs over to $1000 per month in the 2 year old classroom, and I have no idea for an infant. (And, they have an opening for a director, since ours is going back to school for her phd. ) There is always a waiting list - if you've seen any posts about Wake County schools and growth, you can imagine that the pre-school set is growing, too. There is a great market here in the Triangle area because of this growth.
Are you looking to have your home on the same land as the facility? If not, consider living in areas north of Raleigh, such as Wake Forest, Rolesville, or Youngsville, where you can still get the land, but be close enough to put a center near a growing suburb. Where we lived in Florida, outside Tampa, the growth just in the 3 years since we left has been out of control. Here, they're doing a good job trying to maintain the infrastructure to accomodate the growth.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 6,729 times
Smile Roxkingham County is all about kids!

That's why we moved here 10 years ago...
Mooresville, Huntersville are real close to Charlotte which is always a traffic nightmare...not the case in Rockingham County- 26 miles from the big city of Greensboro NC and 23 miles from the big city of Martinsville Va.
We are in the country yet we are 3 minutes from the new Wal Mart and Hwy 220... 3 minutes from McMichael High School, 8 minutes from the elementary, middle and intermediate schools and K-Mart and town ... 2 minutes to the nearest Day Care which last I heard had a waiting list of 20
Our road was just paved last year-
we have 25.88 acres ..16-17 wooded....rear property line is a creek that borders the Deep Springs Country Club developement ($7000 a year membership and very well to do neighborhood) the creek is fed by the Dan River... 4 bedroom modular -700 feet off the road (the ultimate in privacy)-2400 sq. ft- 2 years old-3 acre yard to play in-light bill was $67 last month
45 ft road frontage- 5 room farmhouse w/tin roof full of toys-we'll leave them!
kids are gone and my dream was not theirs...log playhouse covered in Coca Cola signs, 3 bedroom mobile home-needs work- rented to wrong folks...3 wells, 3 septics...live spring...old barn & horse pasture, 2 other log buildings
Road is maybe 2 miles long with oh I guess 10 houses at most- the Campground is at the end of the road..Glen takes campers & others canoeing on the river...across the street is John's humongous horse pasture... plan to list with realtor 1/2007 -she'll ask $235, 000-we'll take $210,000 if we save the listing fee

Last edited by jobo1163; 12-21-2006 at 08:19 PM..

Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 13,013 times
Default daycare

HI my name is Bobbi, I currently live in North Carolina with my husband and one daughter. We live in Fort Bragg, which is a military base. It's funny I came across your comment because I am interested in open a daycare my self, it is in high demand here do to the military, have you already relocated?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 9,350 times
Hi my name is chimere brown I am looking to move to charlotte,nc and i would like to start my own daycare service however i would like to know the prices or daycare and the requirements to have a daycare service out of my home. Please send me some feedback via email [email]chimerebro2@aol.com[/email]

Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 AM

62 posts, read 153,585 times
just sent you a private message!

Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 10,280 times
Can anyone help thinkig about moving to NC from philly starting a daycare what is a good city to do this in. kittytopretty@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina