Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 PM

351 posts, read 632,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Not saying it is the case here but isn't it amazing how so many right wing, holier than thou, anti gay nutcases eventually find their way out of the closet.

Maybe it's just me but I am always suspicious of the over the top anti gay loonies.
That was real relevant to this thread, PDD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 08:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I wonder if GLAD will hold a protest at the funeral like Westboro Church does.

"I wish no one dead, although I have read many obituaries with great joy".~Churchill

“I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it
.”~Mark Twain

Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
GLAAD (not "GLAD") doesn't do things like that.
Actually the only reason Westboro does such protests is hoping someone will confront/assault them so they can sue them and make money. They would come to this one (protesting "in favor") if they thought it would be lucrative for them.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM

351 posts, read 632,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post

"I wish no one dead, although I have read many obituaries with great joy".~Churchill

“I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it
.”~Mark Twain
If a very popular gay person dies soon and I make a post like this one, would you use words like "hate" when you describe me?

Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 PM

40 posts, read 177,564 times
What a sad incident, the day NC makes gay marriage legal is the day i move to South Carolina.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Bye.
Bye?

If i get banned for expressing my own belief i honestly wouldn't care.

If you have the right to support gay marriage i have my right to go against it.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
If you have the right to support gay marriage i have my right to go against it.
This is NOT a personal attack against you; just a statement in general to this "issue".

Historically, mankind has been a species that only sees things through his/her own point of view. This is in fact the very nature of consciousness (one's own point of view). However, there is also a very documented history of what mankind's lack of empathy can lead to (wars, discrimination, killings, ignorance, intolerance). I am not a gay male, however I am in an interacial marriage. You do realize that roughly 50 years ago, my wife and I could have been arrested here in the south for being a married mixed-race couple? That said, I have the ability to place myself into the shoes of our gay/lesbian brothers and sisters out there. How dare we (as heterosexuals) tell these folks that their love for one another is not (and will not) be recognized legally by the state of NC? How dare we quote 2,000 year old bible verses to justify our disapproval of someone else's sexual orientation? Here is a quote that pretty much says it best:

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Susan B. Anthony

The freedom to express love is not only a right; it is a constitutional freedom given to all Americans. Now, I do realize that the church groups will have their say in this matter (they have that right). However, this nation seperated church and state for a reason. In all honesty, we have much bigger fish to fry on this planet than two people of the same gender expressing their love through marriage.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This is NOT a personal attack against you; just a statement in general to this "issue".

Historically, mankind has been a species that only sees things through his/her own point of view. This is in fact the very nature of consciousness (one's own point of view). However, there is also a very documented history of what mankind's lack of empathy can lead to (wars, discrimination, killings, ignorance, intolerance). I am not a gay male, however I am in an interacial marriage. You do realize that roughly 50 years ago, my wife and I could have been arrested here in the south for being a married mixed-race couple? That said, I have the ability to place myself into the shoes of our gay/lesbian brothers and sisters out there. How dare we (as heterosexuals) tell these folks that their love for one another is not (and will not) be recognized legally by the state of NC? How dare we quote 2,000 year old bible verses to justify our disapproval of someone else's sexual orientation? Here is a quote that pretty much says it best:

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Susan B. Anthony

The freedom to express love is not only a right; it is a constitutional freedom given to all Americans. Now, I do realize that the church groups will have their say in this matter (they have that right). However, this nation seperated church and state for a reason. In all honesty, we have much bigger fish to fry on this planet than two people of the same gender expressing their love through marriage.
You're entitled to your opinion as am I. If you ask be having sex with another person of the same gender is an abomination and it no way natural.

To each his own that doesn't mean i hate all gays, i just don't approve of what they do and what they stand for.

EDIT: Too add on, this isn't the place for us to debate about this so let us just leave it where its at.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:34 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
To each his own that doesn't mean i hate all gays, i just don't approve of what they do and what they stand for.
I respect your honesty. I don't approve of smoking, drinking, recreational drugs, cell phones while driving, and quite a few other things. However, I don't feel that it would be "right" for me to impose my beliefs onto others (unless it is a public safety issue like texting while driving or drinking while driving). My code is a simple one; live and let live because all of our stinks; ain't nobody got the stuff that smell like roses.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 PM

164 posts, read 357,774 times
Quote:

What do "gays" stand for And why would they need your approval?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina