Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 PM
TD* TD* started this thread

1,695 posts, read 4,141,102 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any connections? I have a bachelors degree from FSU.

Gotta use the resources of people in the know, to find a job these days.

Anyone have any leads where they work?

If so, comment or PM me please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times
Connections to what?

If you're networking, it helps if you let others know what your degree is in, BTW. It also helps to use proper punctuation to show that you were successful in basic English in your early education. Don't take it as criticism; I'm just telling you what people look at when they decide to refer or hire people.

When you say FSU, don't expect everyone to know what that means. In this area, it may mean Fayetteville State University. But where you are, it may mean Florida State University.

Try Indeed.com.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Connections to what?
Try Indeed.com
Agreed, I would want to know what a person majored in and any work experience before I would suggest an opening I knew about.

Try LinkedIn also.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 AM

431 posts, read 1,141,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Connections to what?

If you're networking, it helps if you let others know what your degree is in, BTW. It also helps to use proper punctuation to show that you were successful in basic English in your early education. Don't take it as criticism; I'm just telling you what people look at when they decide to refer or hire people.

When you say FSU, don't expect everyone to know what that means. In this area, it may mean Fayetteville State University. But where you are, it may mean Florida State University.

Try Indeed.com.
Sometimes I really wish City Data had a like button.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Anyone have any connections? I have a bachelors degree from FSU.

Gotta use the resources of people in the know, to find a job these days.

This is not a job-hunting site. You haven't even told us what field you're looking in, what your degree is in, what part of the state you're looking at, etc.

That's what job-hunting sites are for...

Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Most of us know plenty of unemployed and underemployed people. Why would we choose to give those rare leads to a stranger from the internet?

But I'll give you what I've got. Case Farms (chickens) is expanding its chicken processing in Morganton - adding another shift in the spring, and in the meantime workers are working very long hours. Wanna be a chicken-chopper?

Old 12-21-2011, 02:29 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
This is not a job-hunting site. You haven't even told us what field you're looking in, what your degree is in, what part of the state you're looking at, etc.
However if you search on posts by SunnyKayak, there are many about firms adding jobs. Search on "add jobs". Most are manufacturing jos, like this:
American Roller Bearing to add 231 jobs in Hickory . There may be a few jobs for college grads in your field with this business, but you have to follow up with the employer.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
My wife has been laid off since JUne 2010. I know quite a few people in positions that hire and they are all saying there is no room at the business. You might come up and find a part time seasonal gig at the mall and that would be a North Carolina reference / experience when applying for any other positions you might find.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
TD* TD* started this thread

1,695 posts, read 4,141,102 times
Yes i graduated from Florida State University, and I don't appreciate the crude replies to this thread. Seriously you guys win, if you are trying to put people off when asking innocent questions. Think before you speak.

My degree is in social science, which means nothing, but im really interested in cell phones /networking/ and planning..

I have work experience in retail and state government.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:13 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Don't let the negativity -- aka truth, stop you from moving. If you are set on Raleigh, why not come and see what the fuss is all about. Just remember , sometimes there is no easy way to say it like it is?
If you missed the news, the state cut a few thousand positions last JUne and will likely eliminate another 1000 or so when the proposed budget comes due in the spring. I am tryin to make it sound as polite as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina