Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:38 PM

49 posts, read 76,485 times

Advertisements

Well I not seen anything new in last 2 monthes or I missed it!
So where are nice safe places to live?

Would be looking for petfriendly,3-4 bedroom 2 -3 bath homes $1000 or less.Is that possible?

And folks that do not live there or hate it but too lazy to leave do not bother replying.I have lived there before as child and as an adult. I will ignore you. So be constructive please or do not waste your time and mine.Thanks

I

Thanks!
Pms or emails ok.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 08:10 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,688,415 times
For what it's worth, I grew up in Fayetteville---it was a good place to raise a family. I'm sure you'll be able to find a good neighborhood...but I don't know where anymore!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-17-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
I also recommend Sanford, NC for affordable, safe housing. It's more like 35-45 minute commute, depending on where you are working. Stick to the south or Jonesboro side of Sanford. For example, on Realtor, I see a 4-BR colonial on Essex Court, allows pets, and looks like it has a fenced back yard, and it's $1,000/month. It's close to 87 for commuting. You might also like Carolina Trace, which is a gated community.

Last edited by goldenage1; 01-17-2012 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Moved to state forum

Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,212 times
The MLS has 174 homes in the $800-1000 range 3-4 bedrooms 2-3 baths that allow pets as of today. Should be pretty easy. Just narrow down what part of town or the school district. Check this link for school info.
NC School Report Cards

I'm partial to Hope Mills and Grays Creek I lived in this area since 2002.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:59 AM

Another way to narrow things down is to use a tool like Greatschools or schooldigger, and look for highly rated schools. Even if your kids are not in school yet, it's an indicator of a generally safe neighborhood. For example there are 4 Fayetteville high schools with 9 of 10 ratings on Greatschools. One is Jack Britt HS near Hope Mills.

Or else, find a house which looks nice, then check the quality of the schools.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM

49 posts, read 76,485 times
Thanks. I also grew up in Fayetteville ,but been living all over for last 12 & half years.
so I not know anymore either!

Spouse is transfering to Ft Bragg and says too far to commute.Tired of long drives.Have been up to 2 hrs each way down to 30-45 mintes now.Need to be 20 mins or less. Also I have asthma and son has siezure disorder. so have to be close to a hospital ,so as Sanford one of my favorite places but cant do it.

So looking for quiet neighborhood can walk the dog or ride a bike,And as I do not drive that adds another challenge.So has to be close to public transportation or a short cab ride,when spouse is working!Thanks for the help! Will check the schools sites. Not need a school kids out of school but sounds like way to narrow it down.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonDawg View Post
And as I do not drive that adds another challenge. So has to be close to public transportation or a short cab ride,when spouse is working!
The need to be close to a hospital and public transit does add another challenge. You might check out the city bus routes at Fayetteville Area System of Transit: Home . The 15 route goes around the Cape Fear Valley Hospital and goes west and north.

So, if you stick to the west and southwest side of Fayetteville, you are better located. I also look on Zillow for rentals in the zip code of the hospital (28304), and saw a house on Frankie Avenue that accepts pets and has a fenced yard. It's close to Raeford Road and about 6 miles from the hospital. The rent was $950, so I am sure it's possible to find something suitable.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,635 times
OK guys I need help! We are looking to relocate to the area. The job that would bring us there is in Elizabethtown. I cannot handle a town that small. I need to know what would be a nice Safe town to live in but not be super far of a commute. We can handle a decent amount of rent my main concern will be the safety of my children. I like the size of fayetteville but all the research I have done has not painted a good picture. Any help from locals will be much appreciated.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:13 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HULLSC2012 View Post
OK guys I need help! We are looking to relocate to the area. The job that would bring us there is in Elizabethtown. I cannot handle a town that small. I need to know what would be a nice Safe town to live in but not be super far of a commute. We can handle a decent amount of rent my main concern will be the safety of my children. I like the size of fayetteville but all the research I have done has not painted a good picture. Any help from locals will be much appreciated.

You are going to be miserable if you don't like small towns. Even living in Grays Creek outside Fayetteville/Hope Mills it will take 45 minutes one way to get there. With the price of gas it is crazy.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULLSC2012 View Post
The job that would bring us there is in Elizabethtown. I cannot handle a town that small.
One other suggestion I would make is to look at living in Wallace or Burgaw, which are as far or further than Fayetteville. Wallace has attracted a golf/retirement community and Burgaw is almost a suburb of Wilmington. They both have stores and medical facilities.

You could look at White Lake, which is still something of a resort town, and offers recreation at the lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina