Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 08:06 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
ok well that is your opinion.

I drive the roads every day and so do thousands of other people and we are all safe and sound. there are some roads that could use resurfacing but it is a far cry from being dangerous in my view.

for me it seems inconsistent to say these roads are so dangerous yet be supporting a net tax cut.
Opinions?! THOSE ARE FACTS. But you are oblivious to facts so keep living in fantasy land. Mutiny77 is knowledgeable and doesn't pick fights with anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Ok, well I will speak for myself on my experiences with him. He clearly was taking a shot at me in his post and he never actually stated how I was being illogical. It was ad hominem attack. That is how he operates.

He came on the SC forum and got into a contentious debate with an affable SC resident about Miami vs Jacksonville. He isn't logical at all. What do Florida cities have to with SC and why get contentious about a person's opinion about MIami. my nickname for him is The Professor. he's the expert and source authority on everything.

You keep talking about facts but you think SC has a different law than NC on transgenders in the bathroom. I haven never heard anybody claim the roads are dangerous. I am riding on them every day and my life has not been in danger once. I would have no motivation to deny this if they truly are dangerous.

Do you even live in SC? I see Charlotte under your screenname.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Ok, well I will speak for myself on my experiences with him. He clearly was taking a shot at me in his post and he never actually stated how I was being illogical. It was ad hominem attack. That is how he operates.

You keep talking about facts but you think SC has a different law than NC on transgenders in the bathroom.

Do you even live in SC? I see Charlotte under your screenname.
This isn't about transgenders, this is about roads. For the 3rd time, take it to the HB2 thread. That's cross posting. Also, don't know why your asking personal questions. Kinds scares me honestly. "ad hominem attack" LOL

Old 06-04-2016, 08:28 PM

you brought up HB2 in your original post that I responded to.

you said companies are going to come to SC because of NC's HB2 bill. Your premise must have een that our laws on transgenders in the bathroom are different but they are not.

you keep talking about how I dont know my facts but you said something that is not factual. plus no business makes business decisions based on trasngenders in the bathroom. businesses are trying to make money.

i you are goign to keep saying that i don't know my facts, it is fair game to fact check your posts. you could just have a civil disagreement with me on the condition of the roads.

i will stop talking to you, your contentious personality is a lot like Mutiny's, who follows me around on here.

I don't see anything wrong with a person wondering why somebody has their location set as Charlotte if they are talking about roads and raising gas tax in SC. Maybe you live in Fort Mill or Rock Hill.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
With the Confederate flag down and HB2 never to come to SC, the state is in a good position to lure knowledge based jobs.
you made this comment about HB2 on here. You keep acting like I can't respond to what you say on this topic, I have to take it to a HB2 thread. If that is the case, then you should have posted your comment on the HB2 topic as well.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
you made this comment about HB2 on here. You keep acting like I can't respond to what you say on this topic, I have to take it to a HB2 thread. If that is the case, then you should have posted your comment on the HB2 topic as well.
It's not been about HB2 for the last 4 days. It's been about roads. But hey, those who trust the SCDOT and Governor and those people outnumber you will do whats right for the state. But you keep driving on roads you declare "good" condition. Must have a PhD in civil engineering.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:54 PM

do you have a PhD in civil engineering?

I wouldnt ring up HB2 if you would stop saying I don't know my facts. you present yourself as the fact man but you got at least one thing wrong.

Nikki Haley isn't right about everything and the SC DOt has an interest in receiving more money. I also doubt that she labelled the roads as dangerous. I drive the roads every day so do thousands of other SC residents. if they are dangerous, then how are we all safe and sound.

it is cool to lobby for more funding for roads but it seems like major embellishment to say the road are dangerous. I could see maybe a few.

i still find it it inconsistent to say the roads are so dangerous but then argue for a net tax cut, especially after you argued people who don't support a gas tax hike are selfish.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 PM

Mtnluver,

you seemed familiar but I didnt recognize your screenname. you are the guy who lives in Charlotte and commutes to work in downtown Columbia. i guess you were able to modify your screenname.

the reason i was interested in where you live is because the SC forum is plagued by people who do not live in SC but always lobbying for us to raise taxes, spend more money on our schools, spend more money on roads, etc. i think people should have skin in the game and pay taxes to SC before they lobby for higher taxes and/or more spending on certain things in SC..

Old 06-04-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
do you have a PhD in civil engineering?

I wouldnt ring up HB2 if you would stop saying I don't know my facts. you present yourself as the fact man but you got at least one thing wrong.

Nikki Haley isn't right about everything and the SC DOt has an interest in receiving more money. I also doubt that she labelled the roads as dangerous. I drive the roads every day so do thousands of other SC residents. if they are dangerous, then how are we all safe and sound.

it is cool to lobby for more funding for roads but it seems like major embellishment to say the road are dangerous. I could see maybe a few.

i still find it it inconsistent to say the roads are so dangerous but then argue for a net tax cut, especially after you argued people who don't support a gas tax hike are selfish.
Your full of conspiracy theories and therefore rationalizes any form of formidable debate so

Quote:
Mtnluver,

you seemed familiar but I didnt recognize your screenname. you are the guy who lives in Charlotte and commutes to work in downtown Columbia. i guess you were able to modify your screenname.
No, I live and work in Charleston. I used to live in Charlotte though yes.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:31 PM

MtnLuver

people can look at your profile and post history. i didn't see any posts in the Charleston forum. you post a lot in the charlotte and Columbia forums.

it isn't a big deal but it would be funny if you have been calling SC resident who pay gas tax 'selfish' for not wanting to pay more if you don't live here but in Charlotte.

they allow you to make your profile / post history private if you don't want people checking it out. I did that to make it harder for a certain person and your friend to find me on here.

you seemed familiar but i could not recall your screenname , that is only reason i looked. you are the person who tried to say i was not credible because of my screenname, I guess due to the typo, on some Columbia related issue, even though it is basically my hometown and you had only recently starting working there.

my memory is much better than i realize i think, if i remember that conversation.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 06-04-2016 at 09:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina