Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 11,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzy1967 View Post
As I read this post, I am shocked and appalled that anyone would even bother to help this person. Are we living in 2013 or the 1966. Congregating to like minded individuals???????!!!!!! Does that mean only white people think alike or that only black people think alike? This is the very ignorance that is keeping our society from getting past racism and separatism. I know that there are more than enough of you out there who are more than happy to try to help this person and your segment of the world remain flour white. Call it what it is and quit hiding behind the facade that it is about safety or any other alibi. This is racist pure and simple.

I am an African american doctor and so is my wife. We live in an area of Atlanta that is 7% african american. I live in a completely white neighborhood. I have never felt like I needed to choose an area based on color for any reason. I chose to live here because I could afford it and I was with "like minded" people and color didn't matter to me. I treat mostly white patients everyday. I can assure you that on the inside we are all the same color. YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. White does not equal right. Neither does being a person of color equate to danger or inferiority. To assume that and ask for predominately white living conditions is plain and simple racism. Go ahead be brave and honest and say so!!!

Don't bring your BS to the Carolinas the last kind of person we need here is your kind of person. There are unsafe white areas and unsafe black areas and there are unsafe combinations of the two. I hate like heck that I have to raise 3 kids in a world that assumes the worst about them because of their color. I would not want to live in an all white world or an all black world. There are bad people in every race. Segregating yourselves according to color is ignorant and perpetuates every single stereotype that many of us have been fighting or dealing with for years. GET OVER YOURSELF! Buy an island in the middle of nowhere and build your own little arian lifestyle. Today, I am ashamed, appalled, and heartbroken this crap still exists.

Even though I am not happy right now...May God bless you and your family and I hope you find happiness somewhere.
You only have to drive through neighborhoods in every state, in every country to see that this will always exist. Touche'. Before you go all beserk about one race, do keep in mind places like South Africa. . I do believe this push to brainwash any race that they must diversify, when they don't wish to doesn't sit well with any group.

Hah! If you are a doctor, I wonder what the main demographics of your neighborhood is? Perhaps if every race all become doctors like you, then the crime statistics will change, and reality will change. There are rough white areas too, but oddly these don't have high violent crime statistics. Drugs and marrying your sibling yes. Hmm...... perhaps it's the gang mentality that permeates the black and Hispanic communities, that make it a bit more risky moving to poor neighborhoods among these racial groups? I have lived in both poor white and poor ethnic communities, and there definitely is a difference, like drive by shootings due to gang issues. Don't take it personally, it is what it is though.

To those of you that would beg to differ with me. Get off it, and keep it real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,384,983 times
New England is one of the few large geographic areas in America with lots of white non-Hispanic people. Vermont and New Hampshire are both 95%+ white. New Hampshire has the highest PISA test scores and lowest crime rates in the country, it's essentially a mini-Finland.

But the South ain't it. The South has a very large percentage of blacks. If New England were 40% black, I bet it would have conservative politics too, there's only so much money in the pot.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 PM

2,425 posts, read 3,513,171 times
Stay out of SC. Nothing good about living in SC near Charlotte. Charlotte is the home of the largest number of wealthy rednecks in the Carolinas if not the entire South. I would look at the RTP area. It has 3 great universities, great health care, proximity to the coast, lots of transplants, Chapel Hill schools are better, Wake Schools are good, Durham schools are not so good/bad. Property taxes are higher in Durham county than Wake. Chapel Hill is quite nice and deserves a good look.

I lived in Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh and prefer that part of Chapel Hill that is near Jordan Lake and Southpoint.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM

2,425 posts, read 3,513,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
New England is one of the few large geographic areas in America with lots of white non-Hispanic people. Vermont and New Hampshire are both 95%+ white. New Hampshire has the highest PISA test scores and lowest crime rates in the country, it's essentially a mini-Finland.

But the South ain't it. The South has a very large percentage of blacks. If New England were 40% black, I bet it would have conservative politics too, there's only so much money in the pot.
Don't get so uppity! Remember those God fearing NE taxpayers are supporting all the states, including NC, that get more federal dollars than they pay in federal taxes.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:59 PM

255 posts, read 607,442 times

The "Real" Housewives of Kingstree Episode 2 Lay My Religion Down! (Parody) - YouTube

Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 PM

34 posts, read 139,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
Stay out of SC. Nothing good about living in SC near Charlotte. Charlotte is the home of the largest number of wealthy rednecks in the Carolinas if not the entire South. I would look at the RTP area. It has 3 great universities, great health care, proximity to the coast, lots of transplants, Chapel Hill schools are better, Wake Schools are good, Durham schools are not so good/bad. Property taxes are higher in Durham county than Wake. Chapel Hill is quite nice and deserves a good look.

I lived in Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh and prefer that part of Chapel Hill that is near Jordan Lake and Southpoint.
Thanks for the insights! We're actually strongly considering RTP, along with Johnson City TN, and Brevard County FL.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRoad View Post
Thanks for the insights! We're actually strongly considering RTP, along with Johnson City TN, and Brevard County FL.

It almost two years you still looking to move? when?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,306,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRoad View Post
For your information, I've yet to come in contact with anyone I'd consider a "redneck". Charlotte is just as full of transplants as Raleigh. Just thought I'd let you know since your opinion of cities seem to change over one person's post. And to be honest without insulting anyone, Johnson City is the last place I'd look if you don't like rednecks.

Last edited by Austincool; 10-25-2013 at 12:06 AM..

Old 10-25-2013, 07:38 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,728,299 times
Utah is mostly white. Go there.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:46 PM

34 posts, read 139,370 times
Default ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
For your information, I've yet to come in contact with anyone I'd consider a "redneck". Charlotte is just as full of transplants as Raleigh. Just thought I'd let you know since your opinion of cities seem to change over one person's post. And to be honest without insulting anyone, Johnson City is the last place I'd look if you don't like rednecks.
Uh.... here you go:

1. I never made any negative comments about "rednecks". I'm a proud one myself.
2. I never said I wanted to live near other transplants. That's why I'm moving south... to get away from the northern way.
3. My opinion of cities didn't change because of one person's post. I was simply updating him/her on where we stood in the process.

//www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smack.gif
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina