Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 10:04 PM

6 posts, read 8,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
At least half the people at hospira live in Raleigh. Most of the people at Cummins live closer to Raleigh.

There are so many companies that have left rocky mount its hard to name them all. Hardees and centura leaving were the biggies
no, most people who work at those places live in rocky mount, or around it. tarboro, nashville, wilson, and raleigh etc. majority of the people live near raleigh? No, that's not true.

but it's not like we have official numbers to claim either way, but i still doubt it.

even if what you saying is true, does it matter? you said before that rocky mount had no jobs lol

Old 02-27-2016, 01:55 AM

459 posts, read 373,341 times
Yes, that is true. I know quite a few people at hospira for one. At least 50 percent commute from the Raleigh area.

And you think rocky mount has any jobs? I want what you are smoking. Rocky mount has had the highest unemployment rate in the state. Its worse than the crime

Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,483,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultureChange37 View Post
Congrats to Rocky Mount on it's deadliest year ever
And you just felt compelled to create an ID for the purpose of hitting on Rocky Mount. Happy New Year to you too!

Old 01-01-2018, 03:45 PM

797 posts, read 673,462 times
It's a shame Rocky Mount is struggling. If city leaders could get downtown turned around, it really would be a beautiful area; lots of nice unique, classic buildings along Main St, several old mill/manufacturing structures all within walking distance, and train tracks running down the middle of the street (controversial, but definitely unique).

It reminds me a bit of Gastonia and Statesville; so much potential, especially in downtown, but crime and education issues (and, from the sounds of it, political decisions) cast a bad light on the entire city. It would be cool if Rocky Mount could gain some sort of positive national attention, sort of like how the Chef & The Farmer restaurant has done for Kinston.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:20 PM

3,441 posts, read 2,783,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
And you just felt compelled to create an ID for the purpose of hitting on Rocky Mount. Happy New Year to you too!
Wish I could rep you again, but I'm not allowed.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 PM

7,178 posts, read 6,737,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_n View Post
It's a shame Rocky Mount is struggling. If city leaders could get downtown turned around, it really would be a beautiful area; lots of nice unique, classic buildings along Main St, several old mill/manufacturing structures all within walking distance, and train tracks running down the middle of the street (controversial, but definitely unique).

It reminds me a bit of Gastonia and Statesville; so much potential, especially in downtown, but crime and education issues (and, from the sounds of it, political decisions) cast a bad light on the entire city. It would be cool if Rocky Mount could gain some sort of positive national attention, sort of like how the Chef & The Farmer restaurant has done for Kinston.
This is a good start.

New facilities to boost local economy - Rocky Mount Telegram

Event Center construction on schedule, under budget - Rocky Mount Telegram

Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,225,724 times
Brewery incubator spurs Rocky Mount mixed-use project | News & Observer

Old 01-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Looks good to me. I really hope it's successful. I'd love to see Rocky Mount turn around. The Goodmons aren't known for throwing money away, so I think there's a pretty good chance the investment will pay off once all is said and done. Rocky Mount still has a long way to go but this is a good first step, IMO. The recent job announcements in Edgecombe County doesn't hurt, either.

Now, if only something can be done about the wasteland off of I-95 known as Gold Rock. Damn, I miss Shoney's...

Old 02-11-2018, 04:30 AM

Durham brewer sets up shop at Mills - Rocky Mount Telegram

Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 PM

16 posts, read 9,092 times
Rocky Mount has been going downhill since 1990
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina