Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 AM

3 posts, read 4,767 times

Advertisements

I really wanna move to north north Carolina. I would like to know what its really like down there ? hows the atmosphere ? what are the better towns ? hows the communities ? Are there many jobs out there ? What the cultural like ? whats economics like ? whats the cost of living like ? are there alot of ghettos ? Im an er tech so I would pursue a job in a hospital’s. what are the hospitals like ? please leave me anything else I should know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 AM

35 posts, read 93,563 times
nothing special. not very lively. raleigh. vary by income. not really. not so open. not as bad as the rustbelt. low. yeah. seem fairly modern. raleigh or sorrounding cities if u have to go to that state.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:31 AM

55 posts, read 100,607 times
I wish you well but would offer a word of warning at the risk of sounding negative. We are getting ready to move from NC because of the difficulty in finding jobs. This state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the U.S. Look that up via the Bureau of Labor Statistics. There are many reasons to come to NC and we are truly not wanting to leave but after many months of unemployment and finally finding something in another state we have no choice. Good luck but you may want to do a job search prior to arriving especially if you are working where you are now at.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:12 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny908 View Post
I really wanna move to north north Carolina. I would like to know what its really like down there ? hows the atmosphere ? what are the better towns ? hows the communities ? Are there many jobs out there ? What the cultural like ? whats economics like ? whats the cost of living like ? are there alot of ghettos ? Im an er tech so I would pursue a job in a hospital’s. what are the hospitals like ? please leave me anything else I should know.
Lots of questions on lots of different topics. I would suggest that you read other posts in the forum first, and follow up on specific topics with specific questions.

"What is it like there?" and "please tell me everything I need to know" (!!) are far too general to answer or comment on. Why have you chosen NC in the first place--i.e. what specifically have you heard about NC that makes you want to move here? Where do you live now, so people can comment on NC vs ______ on various features.

NC is not monolithic--it's a large state with mountains, beaches, and everything in between. Cities, rural areas, and everything in between. Rich, poor, and everything in between....how much research have you actually done on the state you claim you want to move to? There is no "one answer" that describes the whole state.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Default moving south

I live in new jersey. I want to move to nc because the outdoor and southern aspect, I love the outdoor kayaking, white water rafting. rock climbing. trails. biking etc. Im a country girl at heart and would love to move some where I can have those outdoor activities, and the country simplicity, looking for a good country town to settle down in. but also have good economics and any suggestions of other states and towns ?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
I live in new jersey. I want to move to nc because the outdoor and southern aspect, I love the outdoor kayaking, white water rafting. rock climbing. trails. biking etc. Im a country girl at heart and would love to move some where I can have those outdoor activities, and the country simplicity, looking for a good country town to settle down in. but also have good economics and any suggestions of other states and towns ?
It sounds like you would enjoy western North Carolina. Nearly every county has at least one hospital. Jobs can be hard to find, so if you don't see many openings in your area, try the Greenville and Spartanburg areas of South Carolina.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:37 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Have you gone to the Delaware Water Gap & the Pine Barrens?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,038 times
Have you been here before?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Have you been here before?
It certainly doesn't sound like it!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM

I live in the pine barrens and no I never been to sc, planning on taking a trip down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina