Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeOutOfFlorida View Post
a lot of consumers are now starting to become more familiar with the state or federal " pre-existing condition insurance plan", but since the state of North Carolina has the inclusive health program, they have opted out of the federal program, so if you find yourself uninsurable you really need to go with the inclusive health program, if you cannot qualify for any other type of medical insurance , such as a plan for an employer or Medicare if you qualify.
The State's state plan is closing to almost everyone in two days. That leaves only the Federal option.

Basically you've got to be out of insurance for 6 months then meet the following.

Inclusive Health North Carolina - You Are Insurable.

You are eligible of Inclusive Health - Federal Option Coverage if you have been without creditable coverage for at least six months and...

You can answer YES to AT LEAST ONE of the following questions:

• Your medical condition makes you "uninsurable."
  • You have been refused or denied coverage for health reasons.
  • You have been offered coverage by an insurer with a conditional rider limiting coverage.
  • You have one of the Inclusive Health - Federal Option presumptive conditions which allows automatic enrollment.

You are eligible if you can answer YES to ALL of the following questions:
  • You are a legal U.S. resident.
  • You are a North Carolina resident.
  • You are not covered as a dependent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 PM

848 posts, read 1,119,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I am a young retiree at 55, with a pre existing medical condition on my record. No treatment or symptoms or anything for over a decade, but I still get declined from individual health insurance.

We are moving to Raleigh and I strongly suspect that I will be declined again. But NC has the Inclusive Health program (Bless You, NC!!!!)

I'm interested in hearing anyone's experience with this program. Good or bad.
Excellent. Not cheap but service and coverage literally, saves lives. God bless indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina