Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM

48 posts, read 117,703 times

Advertisements

Getting ready to move to Durham next week (woo hoo!) and just remembered that we have to take a driver's license test, yikes. Old threads on this topic point to a "brain dump"/study site that appears to be long gone. Can anyone point me to a handy study guide? Apart from the official and loooooong DMV handbook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,379,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by losadair View Post
Getting ready to move to Durham next week (woo hoo!) and just remembered that we have to take a driver's license test, yikes. Old threads on this topic point to a "brain dump"/study site that appears to be long gone. Can anyone point me to a handy study guide? Apart from the official and loooooong DMV handbook?

Steve's Online Brain Dump » North Carolina DMV Driver’s License Test Study Guide

I think this is the site you're referring to, and it appears to be up and running. It also has a link to a free practice test at the bottom.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Just remember that if you are not 100% sure of an answer SKIP it. It will not count against your score. Once you answer the correct percentage, you pass. The test questions will cycle around again. I think I heard there are 25 questions qued, and you need 75% or 80% to pass?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:07 PM

84 posts, read 253,497 times
I just got my license a couple of weeks ago and if you memorize Steve's Brain Dump you'll do fine. Literally every single one of my questions was on that webpage. You need 20/25 questions correct to pass and the test ends as soon as you get your 20 questions correct.

And every person who complains about how horrifically the test questions are worded are absolutely correct. It was bad.

I went to the DMV early in the morning and was in and out of there in 30 minutes. I don't think I was every in and out of my home state's DMV that fast.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina