Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:20 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
When California passed theirs in 2008, it was all over the news because it was so shocking and disappointing that the black churches would be the deciding factor in voting in discrimination. Of course we're in NC, so you're going to be hearing about it a lot more about NC.
More like Mormon churches in California. There are not enough blacks left in California to swing much of anything politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
More like Mormon churches in California. There are not enough blacks left in California to swing much of anything politically.
Nor were there enough voting in the primary here in NC. Even if every black person voted against it still would've passed by 10%.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,162,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Nor were there enough voting in the primary here in NC. Even if every black person voted against it still would've passed by 10%.
Amendment 1 passed in the pews of churches across the state...churches that by tax exempt status aren't supposed be politicking from the pulpit. It doesn't matter whether those churches were predominately black, white, purple or green.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
I am sure Klansmen feel the same way about being called racists.
I've met many around here that are extremely prideful of their ignorance and bigotry.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I'm thinking that those who believe its against said religion to be gay,etc shouldn't be able to vote.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:39 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
lol! "Hostility to families"

I'm a gay parent who lives with my partner of 16 years and our two children. We go to PTA meetings, mow the lawn, prepare meals, attend church, go to soccer practice, clean house, do laundry, go on vacation... yeah, we're quite the threat to families!

Oh well, I'm headed to NC for the first time next week on business. I hear it's beautiful.

And we look a lot like Mississippi now Now that Bev has no job soon, she should make shirts with rebel flags and "blue collar" folk that says "We Look a lot Like Mississippi" .

Last edited by Charlotte485; 05-18-2012 at 03:56 PM..

Old 05-18-2012, 05:10 PM

475 posts, read 508,066 times
There are many countries in Europe where gay marriage is legal and nothing has happened. I dont understand those people who are against it. You know what would happen if gay marriage becomes legal in the whole country ? gay people would get marry, thats it.
Thanks to people like the OP this country isnt progressive.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
There are many countries in Europe where gay marriage is legal and nothing has happened. I dont understand those people who are against it. You know what would happen if gay marriage becomes legal in the whole country ? gay people would get marry, thats it.
Thanks to people like the OP this country isnt progressive.
Yep, France just announce today it is joining in allowing same sex marriage and adoption
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
The new French prime minister has announced a commitment to implement new president François Hollande’s pledge to equalise the laws on marriage for gay and straight couples.
It will also allow gay couples to adopt children for the first time.

read more here French prime minister promises to implement equal marriage and adoption rights for gays - PinkNews.co.uk

Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
I dont understand those people who are against it.
Well, I have long suspected many conservatives and fundies of lacking empathy, being narcissistic and having whopping egos. Support and passage of this amendment proves my point. Case in point

Why Government ‘Domestic Partner’ Benefits are now illegal in NC Bill James, Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners Charlotte, NC

http://billjames.org/Why%20Governmen...05-10-2012.pdf

The gloating of this SOB

Quote:
The debate has occurred and the Amendment passed. Now we must implement the will of 61% of the voters of North Carolina (even if the other 39% don’t like it).
And, boy, is James ever gonna get down to business (I'm picturing him thumping his fist on the table) and tell them icky homosexuals what perverts they are and how they are breaking the law.

Quote:
Because NC law classifies homosexual behavior (acts) as a criminal act.........This ‘Crimes Against Nature Law’ (CAN) is used to make arrests (250 or so in Charlotte a year). Not all behavior is created equal under the law and this is the case in 31 States across the US. People can prattle on about ‘civil rights’ till the cows come home but not all behavior is equal and the law has never supported what liberals are trying to sell (without much luck I might add).
Oh Bill. I hope to be around to cheer when you have to eat these words

Quote:
Which brings me to my final point; something that is illegal and banned can’t be viewed as a ‘civil right’ but a ‘moral wrong’ (not matter what area it involves – adoption, employment or foster parenting).
Well, yes, before 1967 at least 17 states banneed interracial marriage. Today, youngsters the age of my nieces and nephews scratch their heads and say "really? Black and whites couldn't marry? Well, that's dumb."

Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 PM

115 posts, read 233,057 times
This thead should probably die out now. It has become a sounding board for people displaying bigotry. Do you not listen to the things you say (write)? Calling people "rednecks", antiChristian bashing. You are attempting to demonize the other side, but not willing to examine your own behavior, thoughts, or writings. Regardless of your positions, I see too many hateful things being said by the pro homosexual marriage side, all the while claiming that the other side is full of hate and bigotry. Even if you do not agree with me, please please examine the things you say so that you recognize when the discontent turns into hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina