Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,885,666 times

Advertisements

ITS OBVIOUS PEOPLE IN NORTH CAROLINA ARE NOT JUST REDNECKS THEY ARE ALSO NAZIS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 03:22 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,384,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post

And they look like people from Mississippi.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM

19,683 posts, read 20,204,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

Oh, I think that is the point you are trying to make.
You know, they say the inability to detect sarcasm is an early sign of Alzheimer's.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 PM

441 posts, read 1,486,690 times
I am really trying to understand why the gay community has so much disdain for a majority of the state because they are doing what they feel is right per their religion. As I stated in another thread, the majority of straight Christians really do not care what you do. However when a bill or amendment is worded in a way that would contradict what the bible says, Christians as believers have no option but to vote per their beliefs.
I have witness more predjudice, bigotry and hate from the gay supporters than any other group in a long time. Please understand, this is not a personal. I for one am not comfortable making "gay" normal quite yet.

And for the lot of you that seems to think NC natives are ignorant rednecks. It must take a masters degree to gain such intelligence and class.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,384,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racewire20 View Post
I am really trying to understand why the gay community has so much disdain for a majority of the state because they are doing what they feel is right per their religion. As I stated in another thread, the majority of straight Christians really do not care what you do. However when a bill or amendment is worded in a way that would contradict what the bible says, Christians as believers have no option but to vote per their beliefs.
I have witness more predjudice, bigotry and hate from the gay supporters than any other group in a long time. Please understand, this is not a personal. I for one am not comfortable making "gay" normal quite yet.

And for the lot of you that seems to think NC natives are ignorant rednecks. It must take a masters degree to gain such intelligence and class.

The majority of Americans do, actually. And unless you're just insecure, I don't understand why it would make you uncomfortable?

If this were Taking "In God We Trust" off the money, you would think it were prejudice and anti-christian, etc. etc. You only see what you want to see.

(And a majority of Americans do believe homosexuals are "normal"... Especially under the age of 30... The president wouldn't endorse it otherwise.)

Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,641,264 times
Quote:

If you voted against the amendment, you were not voting for gay marriage.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM

749 posts, read 1,314,958 times
Quote:

A response to a blatantly hate filled speech isn't about hate. It's obviously about anger and sadness. I have witnessed more prejudice, bigotry, and hate TOWARDS the gay community than any other group in a very long time. You cannot deny that.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,654,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Uh, dude, Virginia passed the same amendment back in 2006

People need to remember, NC is only ONE of 31 states to have responded the same way.

I guess all 31 states are full of rednecks and nazi's

Until people are ready to stop slinging hate and animosity and come to some common respect for opposing views, this issue will never be resolved.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:08 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,152,005 times
Quote:

You're joking, right? Regardless of how you see fit to justify it, you are still denying basic rights to people who have done absolutely nothing to deserve it. Using religion to discriminate doesn't make it right. And keep in mind that many of us don't believe in your fairy tales, so you'll have to excuse us if we don't see eye to eye.

Seriously, you think the fact that you are not "comfortable" with them justifies denying their rights? They should be treated fairly, like anyone else. Why would you want to stick your nose into their bedrooms anyway? Are you prepared to deny adulterers the right to marry? What about those who disrespect their parents, or covet their neighbors's wife? Why do you choose to single out this one so-called "sin" as the target of your discrimination?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,016,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Uh, dude, Virginia passed the same amendment back in 2006

People need to remember, NC is only ONE of 31 states to have responded the same way.

I guess all 31 states are full of rednecks and nazi's

Until people are ready to stop slinging hate and animosity and come to some common respect for opposing views, this issue will never be resolved.
Come on loves. You didn't catch the sarcasm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina