Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
The Democ. way, let's take from those who work to give to those who we can buy their vote.
The vast majority of monies going to those who "don't work" is going to people who used to work but are now retired. While they were working, they and their employers were putting money into the programs that are now paying them to "not work".

This idea that their is some sort of massive financial drain on the country by lazy people is way overblown. It's a distraction to make sure that the rich continue to keep growing their wealth disproportionally to the average worker in America. Speaking of the extremely wealthy and the money that "they earn", consider that they make their money on the backs of the people who work for them and on the backs of people who purchase their products and services.

How are American workers rewarded now for supporting the growing wealth of the super rich? They are rewarded with reduced benefits including healthcare, eliminated pensions, lessened job security and more pay for play services like toll roads. Get used to it because it's only going to get worse if Americans continue to be mesmerized by their fake concern for the social conservative issues that they use to manipulate the electorate. My prediction: When it's clear that the majority of Americans in key red states support gay rights, the religious right agenda will be tossed out the window like a used dish rag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM

351 posts, read 632,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
My prediction: When it's clear that the majority of Americans in key red states support gay rights, the religious right agenda will be tossed out the window like a used dish rag.
I have read a TON of predictions by the regulars here on these threads. Its getting quite monotonous and boring.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:56 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,403 times
Quote:
The Democ. way, let's take from those who work to give to those who we can buy their vote.
That has nothing to do with what this thread is about, stop trying to derail it.

"All Star" lyrics come to mind...

Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 PM

232 posts, read 475,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
It's not just the NC GOP, it's the entire Republican Party that supports discrimination of anyone that's not white, male or protestant!
yeah it was really clever how they used Herman Cain to cover for their distaste for black citizens.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:01 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Ill be the first to say this, both parties have major flaws.

I for one would support the GOP if it didn't seem as if it's "conservatism" means discriminating against others. The party platform is pretty much the American Dream but what the party fails to realize is that it's not reality. We all would love to live in $1 million homes, bring in $350,000 a year, have a wonderful family, and etc but in reality it's not that way for most of us. But I'm with the GOP in saying the Gov't is overstepping its boundaries but that's just about all.

The Democrats/Liberals on the other hand realize everyone isn't wealthy in our society, some of us need government assistance but my problem is when does the amount of assistance stop? The party seems to be acting as a parent to many people which isn't the governments job. With that said I'm totally for welfare programs in our nation, but if we want welfare programs we need to look at nations similar to Norway, Sweden, etc for examples.

If there were a party with each of their beliefs in one, that's where I would fall. And someone said the GOP is for the wealthy and while that's true, the Democratic party is supported by the wealthiest Americans (I'm talking about Bill Gates [he's a independent but his beliefs seem mostly in line with the Democratic Party], Warren Buffet, Geore Soros, etc) so its not necessarily a party for the poor either. I always think of it more as a humanist party, it's against survival of the fittest for the most part.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
From the official NC GOP platform:

Government should treat all citizens impartially, without regard to wealth, race, ethnicity, disability, religion, sex, political affiliation or national origin. We oppose all forms of invidious discrimination. Sexual orientation is not an appropriate category.

I'm assuming none of those morons bothered to look up the definition of "invidious" before coming up with this gem.
It reads perfectly fine to me.

Go GOP!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:39 AM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times
Quote:
Well you see, Ernest T., here's why the statement is moronic (I'll type slowly so you can understand):
I've read many of your well articulated arguments. Surely you're above expressing yourself without condescension .

Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,157,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I've read many of your well articulated arguments. Surely you're above expressing yourself without condescension .

You are quite right, and I usually try to stay above it. But we have a bit of history with Ernest T. around here, so I just couldn't help myself in this case.

Point taken, though.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
NDL

Quote:
Breaking News.

Ernest T Bass agrees with the NC GOP statement mentioned in the OPs post.
Aside from their rhetoric, what is the NC GOP actually *doing* to support their supposed platform?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
NDL

Quote:
You are quite right, and I usually try to stay above it. But we have a bit of history with Ernest T. around here, so I just couldn't help myself in this case.

Point taken, though.
I tip my hat off to you . You're a gentleman indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina