Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are going to vote for
Obama 51 55.43%
Romney 41 44.57%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 04:14 PM

38 posts, read 94,434 times

Advertisements

LOL NC is no swing state. Obama winning NC was the biggest political fluke of all time.

He kills him in NC and will win Pennsylvania and Ohio. Romney will likely end up with over 320 electoral votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,427,227 times
New poll confirms that North Carolina is a tossup, and Obama has slight advantage in Florida:

In North Carolina, the CNN/Time Magazine/ORC poll indicates a dead heat, with 48% of likely voters supporting Romney and 47% backing Obama. Among independent voters, Romney has a 13 point lead.

"In North Carolina, it's an east-west split, rather than the north-south division we see in Florida," Holland notes. "Obama's strength east of I-95 and in the Research Triangle area roughly matches the advantage Romney has in the central and western parts of the state."
Just over eight in ten likely voters said their minds were made up, with 16% saying they could still change their minds.

Obama is up by 2 percent among all registered voters in NC.

CNN/Time Polls: Close contests in Florida and North Carolina – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Last edited by Tarheelhombre; 08-27-2012 at 01:49 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM

President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are tied in North Carolina, according to a new poll out Monday.

The poll, conducted by SurveyUSA on behalf of High Point University, shows Obama and Romney each earning the support of 43 percent of registered voters in the Tar Heel State.

SurveyUSA Poll: Obama And Romney Tied In North Carolina | TPM LiveWire

Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
We have all seen the ads by newt and the Pres. concerning Mr. Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney. Just like SC he will not win in NC.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
New poll confirms that North Carolina is a tossup, and Obama has slight advantage in Florida:

In North Carolina, the CNN/Time Magazine/ORC poll indicates a dead heat, with 48% of likely voters supporting Romney and 47% backing Obama. Among independent voters, Romney has a 13 point lead.

"In North Carolina, it's an east-west split, rather than the north-south division we see in Florida," Holland notes. "Obama's strength east of I-95 and in the Research Triangle area roughly matches the advantage Romney has in the central and western parts of the state."
Just over eight in ten likely voters said their minds were made up, with 16% saying they could still change their minds.

Obama is up by 2 percent among all registered voters in NC.

CNN/Time Polls: Close contests in Florida and North Carolina – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
I don't know that it is that simple, Romney is going to get pwned in Guilford County, Meckenburg County, and Buncombe County, he will also likely lose Forsyth County. Those are big counties and I think Guilford and Forsyth can counter balance all the rest of 336 if they come out strong enough. It is just that almost all of the other counties west of the Triangle are very conservative. There are also going to be places in the East and East of the triangle where Obama goes down badly like Carteret County, Brunswick County, Johnston County, etc. I think it is going to be a case of having a Bunch of Blue Islands in archipelago sitting in a sea of red extending from a blue mass in Northeastern NC which is predominantly AA and will possibly be connected to the triangle.

There are also several problems for Romney here.
1. He failed to win a single competitive race in a southern state in the GOP primary. SC and GA went to Newt and Santorum won LA, TN, MS, AL and OK.
2. Romney and for that matter the entire GOP ticket is disconnected from the South in a way I have only seen once before and that was 1996 Dole/Kemp and that was not a pretty election for them.
3. The GOP is very much reliant of evangelical church based turnout in NC, and Mitt Romney is a Mormon. I imagine there are at least some pastors out there that are at the very least reluctant to rally the troops for a Mormon especially given that if they do so they may have him for 2 election cycles instead of 1.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 08-27-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 07:41 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
We have all seen the ads by newt and the Pres. concerning Mr. Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney. Just like SC he will not win in NC.
I see you typed Romney. I believe you meant to type Obama. Just wanted to let you know of your error in case you didn't realize.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM

IN NC and VA, the high and growing Black, well-educated, college student, Latino, and urban populations are the key to victory for Obama. Blacks are even more pro-Obama this year than they were in 2008. Yet another poll finds that Romney's support is almost non-existent among Blacks. Likewise, Latinos are giving Romney a thumbs down by a huge margin.

BET News Poll reveals the G.O.P. is on track for the worst showing with black voters in modern history
--Only 2% Say They Will Support the Romney/Ryan Ticket --Data Say GOP Leaders "Seem Hostile to Minorities" --African-American Registered Voters Are Poised for High Level of Turnout and Optimistic About Economic Recovery Under President Obama --Chief Economic Concern is Cost of Living, Not Jobs

BET News Poll reveals the G.O.P. is on track for the worst showing with black voters in modern history - MarketWatch

Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
North Carolina moves into toss up on CNN Electoral map. North Carolina moves in CNN Electoral Map – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I like ;looking at real clear politics as it shows what all the polls show and for noe Obama leading. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Polltracker is another good aggregate site: Talking Points Memo

Old 08-28-2012, 11:02 AM

451 posts, read 1,565,638 times
In Western NC, Boone, Asheville, Obama, Charlotte, Obama, Research Triangle, Obama.... That's my guess going by the amendment one vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina