Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 AM

17 posts, read 52,916 times

Advertisements

I see many churches in the Triangle, the Triad and Charlotte communities that reaches our to various ethnic groups and seek diversity within their churches. It is so important that the church seek to become a multicultural church. When we as Christians came come together to support God's program which means love one another no matter what race they may be then we can see our cities, our state and our nation become a shinning city on a hill. We must learn to forgive and let the past go, moving on to better days. I have visited a church in Wilson, NC called New Beginnings where the pastor stated that it was a place where everyone was somebody no matter what your past may have been and no matter what the color of your skin. I wonder if anyone knew of any churches in Rocky Mount, NC that is very much into building a multicultural church. Not just in words but in action.

I traveled out to the Midwest ( Denver, the Twin Cities and Des Moines) and found African American and white pastors with multicultural ministries and churches. I wonder if the Rocky Area metro area is ready to receive such a church? The bottom line is this God is not looking for an all black, all white or all Hispanic church. We allow race to divide us instead of bring us together to make this country great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man On the Move View Post
I see many churches in the Triangle, the Triad and Charlotte communities that reaches our to various ethnic groups and seek diversity within their churches. It is so important that the church seek to become a multicultural church. When we as Christians came come together to support God's program which means love one another no matter what race they may be then we can see our cities, our state and our nation become a shinning city on a hill. We must learn to forgive and let the past go, moving on to better days. I have visited a church in Wilson, NC called New Beginnings where the pastor stated that it was a place where everyone was somebody no matter what your past may have been and no matter what the color of your skin. I wonder if anyone knew of any churches in Rocky Mount, NC that is very much into building a multicultural church. Not just in words but in action.

I traveled out to the Midwest ( Denver, the Twin Cities and Des Moines) and found African American and white pastors with multicultural ministries and churches. I wonder if the Rocky Area metro area is ready to receive such a church? The bottom line is this God is not looking for an all black, all white or all Hispanic church. We allow race to divide us instead of bring us together to make this country great!
Englewood Baptist and Word Tabernacle are the two that come to mind that are multi-cultural. There may be others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina