Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,765 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Ft Bragg in about 1 month, we are going to live off base but we have heard that all of fayetteville is bad. We have two small children 2 and 1. What are good family and military friendly areas to check out? Were looking for single family home to rent. Also we would like to be as close to Ft Bragg as possible since the kids and husband will be at daycare and working.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,206,847 times
dvbrown, it's not all bad. Even though I replied a few threads down to the couple from Austin that I wouldn't recommend them choosing to relocate to Fayetteville there are many fine, decent, nice neighborhoods in Fayetteville. I'm not as familiar with the neighborhoods close to Bragg. Anderson Creek is supposed to be _very_ nice. Van Story and Haymount are also nice neighborhoods more toward the center of town. Van Story is between the mall and downtown, but closer to the mall. Pretty much the whole town is military friendly. My parents lived in Van Story until recently and had an active duty family on one side and a retired family on the other side. There definitely are less than desirable neighborhoods, too, but you can spot them easily enough.

While I wouldn't want to live there any more, and I couldn't recommend it to everyone it's not a _bad_ town. It's what you make it. Plenty of military families choose to retire there after their service. If it was so terrible they'd move on, no?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,962,387 times
I chose to move back here after I retired. There are many many nice neighborhoods. I like the Hope Mills and Grays Creek area. It;s where I live. Eastover has nice places as does the area between Fayetteville and Raeford. Many Military Families live there. Also the are north of Spring Lake though Cameron toward Sanford is growing and is a quick drive to post. The seedy areas are easy to avoid.

When you get here my wife has a weekly lunch group of mostly military spouses that meet at a different restaurant. PM me and I'll send you the link to the FB group page. My wife started because she was so tired of hearing Military spouses complain about having no friends and never going anywhere or meeting anybody new. It's turned to be a lot of fun. Kids are welcome too.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 AM

2 posts, read 7,779 times
Default Fayetteville is very protective

Fayetteville is Very protective of our military families. It is a wonderful town that whole heartedly embraces the military family. I serve on the board of Fayetteville Cares and you would be astounded at the generosity of folks in this community. We served for 23 years and chose Fayetteville as our adopted home town because of the people that make up this community. Come with an open mind. Every town has it's viper pits and we are no different but reserve judgement for yourself. Let us know how we can help make this a smooth transition!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM

34 posts, read 178,359 times
Hi,

Fayetteville is not that bad. My husband and I lived in the Haymount area for 5 years and liked it fine enough. Fayetteville is military friend and caters to military families. I would recommend checking out the Haymount area. It has a neighborhood feel that I enjoyed. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,114 times
I have a brick house in Fayetteville, NC. Baywood Golf Course. 3 bedroom 2 bath large work-in closet in master bedroom, lots of cabinets and drawers in kitchen, 8 ft counter, nice wash room with cabinets, pantry, back screened in porch, large front porch with rails, 2 car garage, 3 linen closets. Fireplace in den $1200 a month with $800 security deposit. 910-323-9943 or 910-874-4151.

Brick house in Wade, NC. 3 bedroom 2 bath wall in closet in master bedroom, kitchen/dining room combination. Pear tree, Pecan tree and grapevine. $850 a month with $600 security deposit. 910-709-9281

Old 09-22-2014, 04:51 PM

353 posts, read 599,716 times
They were looking for a place to live 2 years ago. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they've probably found a place already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina