U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 AM

9,124 posts, read 34,914,642 times

Advertisements

Hello All-

The wife and I are kicking around the idea of heading south, and we've started looking around Charlotte. I'd like to stay out of the fast-growing "subdivisions for miles" areas, with the school crowding, traffic, and other problems they're having. That being said, we've seen some homes in the towns of Salisbury, Lexington, and Spencer that seem nice- older, some style (rather than the same cheap box), etc., and the schools seem to rate pretty well.

Does anyone have any input on these areas?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 05:10 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,687,096 times
I'd choose Salisbury. Though it's tecnically in the Charlotte metro, it's only about 40 minutes to Charlotte, Greensboro, and Winston Salem. It's a very nice, charming town.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:08 PM

463 posts, read 1,595,699 times
Default Lexington, NC

Hi Bob,

There's already a thread on the forum about Lexington, just a day or two before you asked your question.

Can't help with your other questions, unfortunately, except to say that no one could pay me enough to live in Charlotte :-)

Below is the Lexington thread.

Regards,

Cassie

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...ight=Lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Hello All-

The wife and I are kicking around the idea of heading south, and we've started looking around Charlotte. I'd like to stay out of the fast-growing "subdivisions for miles" areas, with the school crowding, traffic, and other problems they're having. That being said, we've seen some homes in the towns of Salisbury, Lexington, and Spencer that seem nice- older, some style (rather than the same cheap box), etc., and the schools seem to rate pretty well.

Does anyone have any input on these areas?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Old 09-29-2006, 07:07 AM

9,124 posts, read 34,914,642 times
Hmmm...just found that Lexington thread- thanks for the heads up. Lexington doesn't look too promising, but Salisbury does. Any further info would be great.

Bob

Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,129 times
Hello Bob,

I live in the Salisbury area in a small Mayberry type town called Faith. Its a great place to live and raise a family. You get the best of both worlds. Close enough to Charlotte and all its diversities and still live in a small family oriented neighborhoods. Its a slower paced area. People here take pride in their town. It really is the "American Dream" town. There are country fairs, the famous Faith Forth of July celebration, mom and pop stores, and great schools. There is farmland with corn mazes, pumpkin and strawberry picking, and Dan Nicholas Park. Everything you will ever want or need is 20 minutes away. Whether it be rural or the suburbs...you can't go wrong with Salisbury or the surrounds towns such as Faith, Rockwell or Granite Quarry. Hope I was of some help.

Kendra

Old 10-01-2006, 09:12 PM

45,245 posts, read 96,055,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twwistedhalo View Post
Hello Bob,

I live in the Salisbury area in a small Mayberry type town called Faith. Its a great place to live and raise a family. You get the best of both worlds. Close enough to Charlotte and all its diversities and still live in a small family oriented neighborhoods. Its a slower paced area. People here take pride in their town. It really is the "American Dream" town. There are country fairs, the famous Faith Forth of July celebration, mom and pop stores, and great schools. There is farmland with corn mazes, pumpkin and strawberry picking, and Dan Nicholas Park. Everything you will ever want or need is 20 minutes away. Whether it be rural or the suburbs...you can't go wrong with Salisbury or the surrounds towns such as Faith, Rockwell or Granite Quarry. Hope I was of some help.

Kendra
Yeah, I second the motion on Faith That is a quaint and pleasant little community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina