U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
 
5 posts, read 112,841 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm new here. It's time for my hubby to renew his driver's license and he's fearful he'll fail the vision test.

If he does fail it, would he get a second chance, or would he have to have an eye exam first?

Annnnnnd, if he failed it and drove anyway -- what would happen to him if he got caught?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,357,022 times
Reputation: 40032
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngal2 View Post
Hi all, I'm new here. It's time for my hubby to renew his driver's license and he's fearful he'll fail the vision test.

If he does fail it, would he get a second chance, or would he have to have an eye exam first?

Annnnnnd, if he failed it and drove anyway -- what would happen to him if he got caught?
Uh, not trying to sound mean here, but if he can't pass a vision test - especially the very limited one they give at the DMV - WHY would you want to support his being behind the wheel of a car???? If he can't pass, he shouldn't be driving - plain and simple.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,357,022 times
Reputation: 40032
PS - if he drove anyway, and you didn't do anything to stop him, I hope you can live with yourself when he runs over a child or causes an accident of any kind that harms anyone else.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
 
5 posts, read 112,841 times
Reputation: 24
Default It's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
PS - if he drove anyway, and you didn't do anything to stop him, I hope you can live with yourself when he runs over a child or causes an accident of any kind that harms anyone else.

No, no, it's not that and you're NOT sounding mean. He needs glasses for READING and that's why he's worried he will fail. We're heading out of town for a couple weeks and he's wondering if he can drive there and take the test there. Otherwise, I end up driving. Which is really no big thing. I'm a good driver, but I get sleepy.

Thanks for responding.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Durham, NC
3,482 posts, read 9,679,302 times
Reputation: 2123
If he can't pass the vision test, he will not be allowed to leave driving a vehicle. I hope you'll be there with him if this event does happen.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,357,022 times
Reputation: 40032
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngal2 View Post
No, no, it's not that and you're NOT sounding mean. He needs glasses for READING and that's why he's worried he will fail. We're heading out of town for a couple weeks and he's wondering if he can drive there and take the test there. Otherwise, I end up driving. Which is really no big thing. I'm a good driver, but I get sleepy.

Thanks for responding.
If he needs glasses for reading can't he just use them for his drivers test and pass? Not sure I'm understanding the problem, sorry!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM
 
5 posts, read 112,841 times
Reputation: 24
Oh, I'll be with him!

Thank you.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:45 PM
 
5 posts, read 112,841 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If he needs glasses for reading can't he just use them for his drivers test and pass? Not sure I'm understanding the problem, sorry!

What I need to do is call the DMV and ask them if he can wear his reading glasses, eh? I'm not making myself very clear, am I?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,357,022 times
Reputation: 40032
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngal2 View Post
What I need to do is call the DMV and ask them if he can wear his reading glasses, eh? I'm not making myself very clear, am I?
OF COURSE he can wear his reading glasses!! When/if he passes they will just notate that as one of his restrictions on his license in case he is ever stopped a cop will know he is supposed to be wearing corrective lenses
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
 
462 posts, read 1,726,488 times
Reputation: 215
I'm 100% with Lovesmountains on this one.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top