Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times

Advertisements

i cannot wait to leave jersey to the mountains of n.c.i am looking forward to quiet and nothing to do atmosphere. my husband and i enjoy oudoors stuff. we are not really big on going out to eat or like crazy shopping for stuff we dont need. we love to ride motorcycles and gardening. and anything to do outside. so yeah we cant wait to leave here. its so bad and expensive.
APP.COM - Poll: Many New Jerseyans want to leave state | Asbury Park Press Online
read that article and you will see why. this state is so corrupt. after that article is a comment section and people leave the most crazy comments on how they love nj. are they kidding me. yea i love it too but cannot afford to live here. they say stuff like the grass is not always greener. and its just as expensive to live elswhere. you have to pay taxes on your vehicles and garbage tax. so what. it cant be that expensive.
so people of N.C. if it is let me know. i dont think it matters to me im going anyway. future resident of N.C.

deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM

241 posts, read 755,879 times
How long to adjust? I would say it depends on if you have kids, jobs, family ties, friends, etc. Keep in mind, attitude is a big part of it. My suggestion is come with an open mind, enjoy the lifestyle, and make the best of it. It may not work out for you! Both my wife and I lived in the state years ago, so the change came easy to us. We had a variety of reasons to leave MA/RI. So far, NC has lived up to its' expectation. The quality of our lives has improved by leaps and bounds. In a nutshell, we adjusted while we were on the highway in New England..

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Thanks all, I have no kids, I did get a good job, and this has helped. I landed a job fairly quick too and easy only 1 month so it did make things go easier. Its just when you leave an area that was so crazy and I mean crazy with all day action, even though you are not into the action you establish a routine. Now mind you we hated it, but we were used to this bad routine. So adjusting to a good new routine is kinda weird. There is nothing to complain about so that is weird too.

Ohhh by the way the dreggs fan good keep the steve morse craze going. He is the greatest and really cute too!!!!! Thanks all Marilyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina