Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:28 AM

218 posts, read 1,462,612 times

Advertisements

Trying to find out what people think of the different cable and sat. networks in the area.
Which provide the best programs for the $.
Which get interrupted during storms.
Which are easily worked. (menu, interactive).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,998,136 times
Way too many cable-based systems in the state to do much of a meaningful comparison. Which county are you interested in?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,770,721 times
Agree. Totally depends where you live (or will live).

Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 AM

218 posts, read 1,462,612 times
Harnett County
But I think what I had ran out of Cumerland (Fayettville)

Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 AM

100 posts, read 417,882 times
Question mm34b--

Actually, I'd like to know about Caldwell Co. Other than Warner and Charter, what might be the choices?
Thanks, fredda

Old 10-18-2007, 12:08 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,994 times
i've had time warner cable - they were ok for a cable company - i just hate that they dont have what i WANT - nfl network and MASN - I HATE cable companies for that reason - they control what you get...
-
I had dish network up to a few months ago - they were horrible - couldn't get the billing right, etc...
-
i now how directv again....and i say...wow - they just upgraded to many more high def channels....i love directv and will never switch away again....

Old 10-18-2007, 08:41 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,031,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
i now how directv again....and i say...wow - they just upgraded to many more high def channels....i love directv and will never switch away again....
DTV seems to get props. We've had it for over 10 years without any problems. The only issue with satellite tv overall is the problem with rain fade (not that we've had that to worry about this year ) and lightning. We've had to replace the ... whatchamacallit ... horn thingy (I know what it is, just having a brain cloud at the moment ) about a half-dozen times over the life of the dish. A near strike by lightning and .. ZAP! .. there goes the horn thingy.

Thankfully you can get replacements at Radio Shack; sometimes even Walmart; and they've come down in price (our first replacement cost $75). Now, we just keep an extra on hand in case a bad storm knocks out the dish.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,234,069 times
DirecTV > All

This is my 12th year with DirecTV.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:38 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 682,971 times
Default Caldwell County

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredda View Post
Actually, I'd like to know about Caldwell Co. Other than Warner and Charter, what might be the choices?
Thanks, fredda
We are in the Oak Hill area of Caldwell County, which is outside of Charter's service area for cable but within BellSouth's (now ATT) DSL territory and able to be bundled with DirecTV, etc.

While we have chosen BellSouth's DSL, and to date it has been uninterrupted service, we are in an area where we receive more tv than we need. With rabbit ears we are able to receive the television stations from the Greenville/Spartanburg SC, Asheville, NC, Charlotte NC and Greeensboro/High Point/ Winston-Salem, NC markets! We have public broadcasting from UNC-Tv, SC Educational Television and the Charlotte Educational stations.

Well satisfied with our tv options and the area. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:04 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,998,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredda View Post
Thanks, fredda
I'm pretty sure Charter Communications is the only cable-based TV provider in the county. For those not within reach of the Charter cable network, Direct-TV, Dish Network or conventional antenna broadcasts are the alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina