Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 06:02 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Exactly. Both stand alone.

That's why it makes no sense to me why people keep making comparisons between downtown Raleigh and downtown Durham vs. uptown Charlotte. It's either downtown Durham vs. Uptown Charlotte or Downtown Raleigh VS. uptown Charlotte.

Now comparing Metrolina to the Triangle, then I could see a more valid point... Yes, in both metros you can see minor league baseball and watch a concert or what have you.

And yes, our major league teams will try to keep up With college teams
It's always about the metro! It seems it only becomes city vs city when convenient. I think most Charlatans don't really understand the relationship between the triangle cities. You can never really separate one from the other. We feed off one another. For example PNC is located where it is in large part so it is convenient to Durham and the rest of triangle. DPAC depends heavily on Raleigh residents, there are more Carolina fans in Raleigh than Chapel Hill IMO.
For the record your major two major league teams can't even keep up with our one! Who happens to have a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Something neither Charlotte team will EVER have! Not to mention all the college teams with 11 National titles between them. So your major league bottom feeders can't even keep up with college teams. I think sometimes y'all are so stuck on pro this or that you try to put down two of the premier college teams in America. That are more recognized nationally than both your pro sports. Everywhere I go D.C to NYC people recognize Duke and Carolina. State has slipped a bit. Everywhere I go I always have something Carolina on. Twice in DC I was stopped and someone recognized my heels. Last weekend in NYC same thing. Only once then though. But when I was at lids in NYC lots of Duke and UNC stuff. Your teams not so much sorry.
Your teams my be pro but laughing stocks of pros wouldn't be too far off. So let's not get too smug with the pro comments.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
In Uptown Charlotte, you can go to a concert, watch a baseball game, watch a football game, and watch a basketball game. You can't do all four in Downtown Durham or Downtown Raleigh.
And that's news to who?

Old 07-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You forgot about Minor league hockey. As it stands now, uptown has 2 pro teams and 2 minor league teams. That's a total of over 150 sporting events uptown every year. Very few cities in the southeast has as many downtown sporting events as Charlotte. With all of the sports, concerts, residents, and visitors; I just can't figure out why uptown still lacks major retail.
Maybe it because uptown may not be as major as you think it is?

Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Great thing for the Carolina's largest metro
That's good I heard y'all need the jobs down there. We get big job announcements weekly it seem. Not too bad for NC'S Second largest metro lol.

Also THE BEST PLACE FOR BUSINESS IN AMERICA! According to Forbes. Not too shabby for NC's second largest city. Seems when it come to biggest y'all win. When it come to best we win.
I guess we can go back to trains and skylines now. Because that seems to be all Charlotte has to offer. Nothing of substance? Big but not great at anything but being big?

Old 07-23-2014, 06:29 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
That's good I heard y'all need the jobs down there. We get big job announcements weekly it seem. Not too bad for NC'S Second largest metro lol.

Also THE BEST PLACE FOR BUSINESS IN AMERICA! According to Forbes. Not too shabby for NC's second largest city. Seems when it come to biggest y'all win. When it come to best we win.
I guess we can go back to trains and skylines now. Because that seems to be all Charlotte has to offer. Nothing of substance? Big but not great at anything but being big?

Is it that serious? In the end, Triangle, Triad & Metrolina are all great places...

Last edited by Charlotte485; 07-23-2014 at 06:50 PM..

Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 PM

749 posts, read 1,316,840 times
Quote:

How old are you?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
How old are you?
40 why do you ask?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:11 PM

749 posts, read 1,316,840 times
Quote:
40 why do you ask?
I believe that most 40 year olds would classify things like jobs and a transportation system as substance.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post

Is it that serious? In the end, Triangle, Triad & Metrolina are all great places...
We all get on here and one up each other. Now it's not that serious. It's not serious at all it's a game of home town one ups man ship. All the boasting and bragging about lite rail skylines uptown this that and the other now it's not that serious. When you have no come back it's not that serious. And they all are great. This thread it not informative it's fun. Nothing more. I love Charlotte will be there on the 9th. Just playing the Raleigh/Charlotte game. All in fun!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:18 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:

Quote:
We all get on here and one up each other. Now it's not that serious. It's not serious at all it's a game of home town one ups man ship. All the boasting and bragging about lite rail skylines uptown this that and the other now it's not that serious. When you have no come back it's not that serious. And they all are great. This thread it not informative it's fun. Nothing more. I love Charlotte will be there on the 9th. Just playing the Raleigh/Charlotte game. All in fun!

I've been enjoying myself in Lake Norman all day (Biking on bike trails @ North Meck District park, Ramsey Creek Park & Jetton park (all withi several miles of eachother) and just got done watching Big Brother and now Americas Got Talent and casually looking up the news.

It's not a "lack of comebacks"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina