Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
He said Charlotte was more densely populated. A statement that is simply not true! I used straight numbers. If you don't like how they came out. That's your problem. Explain how I twisted anything. You and all the other Charlotte posters have facts in your mind that are simply wrong. The point was not larger it was more densely populated. In some areas maybe but overall no. If you have different numbers please post them.
And it is. Anyone can copy and paste info that they see online. Anyone living in Charlotte can contest that were more dense.we live here. I get what your saying but if Raleigh was crazy dense as you say where is light rail, heavy rail, etc. So let's play your Lil Numbers game. No holds barred right.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:08 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
The density argument is stupid; both Charlotte and Raleigh are sprawling, low-density cities overall so arguing which is denser means nothing.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Let's see if this sounds a little better to you. Went out with friends DT Durham met up at Que had a drink. My friends girlfriend and her friends went to concert at DPAC. We went to DBAP to see baseball game. Then walked to Main Street to play some pool and shuffle board and have a few drinks. Then a 15 min drive back home. By the way only a couple of lite beers for me had to drive. Funny when I was ready to go home it was great to be home in 15min instead of waiting on public transportation. Waiting on a bus or train sounds terrible to me. Maybe I'm just impatient.
But with light rail, you don't have to pay for parking or deal with traffic going to or leaving the game.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:41 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The density argument is stupid; both Charlotte and Raleigh are sprawling, low-density cities overall so arguing which is denser means nothing.
In a comparison between the two it's not stupid. Only because the numbers don't come out in your favor! And once again I was responding to the comment about Charlotte being more densely populated.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
And it is. Anyone can copy and paste info that they see online. Anyone living in Charlotte can contest that were more dense.we live here. I get what your saying but if Raleigh was crazy dense as you say where is light rail, heavy rail, etc. So let's play your Lil Numbers game. No holds barred right.
I would think someone living there would. But numbers don't lie! You have a 9.5 train line. But we have 540, 40,and 440 that's why it seem less dense. We have roads. I'll take the better roads and lack of traffic issues you keep the train to nowhere.
When/if the train is finished y'all can brag for now not much to brag on. Especially with Charlotte's traffic lol

Old 07-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I would think someone living there would. But numbers don't lie! You have a 9.5 train line. But we have 540, 40,and 440 that's why it seem less dense. We have roads. I'll take the better roads and lack of traffic issues you keep the train to nowhere.
When/if the train is finished y'all can brag for now not much to brag on. Especially with Charlotte's traffic lol
How about y'all stop spending the money that comes from the Charlotte region on your roads then. Wtf we have to get toll roads to help pay for our roads when our money goes to sprawl Raleigh and the rest of eastern nc. Our traffic isn't bad it's manageable even on a bad day. I'm from Los Angles that's traffic for you @ss on the 405 freeway. I'm all in for tolls but not at the expense of a city paying for other projects. Besides what world do you live in. I use the train and its packed everyday but I guess we just take the train to never ever land right?

Old 07-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
But with light rail, you don't have to pay for parking or deal with traffic going to or leaving the game.
exactly but you shouldnt waste your time trying to explain it to him mutiny77. Some people rather be stuck in there cars. I drive but I love taking the train. I've meet some very interesting people when I use it.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
How about y'all stop spending the money that comes from the Charlotte region on your roads then. Wtf we have to get toll roads to help pay for our roads when our money goes to sprawl Raleigh and the rest of eastern nc. Our traffic isn't bad it's manageable even on a bad day. I'm from Los Angles that's traffic for you @ss on the 405 freeway. I'm all in for tolls but not at the expense of a city paying for other projects. Besides what world do you live in. I use the train and its packed everyday but I guess we just take the train to never ever land right?
Charlotte is not the capital thus not as important. That's the only explanation I can give you on the road money. And no it's not L.A. traffic but it's the worst in N.C. Its packed I'm sure but it's still years away from being anything more than something for a select few. When you can ride it to do all day to day stuff let me know until then never never land it is. All the basic things I mean. Take you kids to school, go to work, go to grocery store. I could go on but I'm sure you get my point. Not saying it isn't cool and all. But not anywhere near a game changer at this point. I will say the street car from the airport will be a big deal when finished.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
If you get there early enough you don't have to pay to park. But it's only 5 bucks if you do pay. I'll concede the traffic issue. But I walked to Main Street so traffic not an issue.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
exactly but you shouldnt waste your time trying to explain it to him mutiny77. Some people rather be stuck in there cars. I drive but I love taking the train. I've meet some very interesting people when I use it.
Stuck in my car? Yep as opposed to stuck on a train stop after stop. Most people who have no choice but to ride public transportation would rather be stuck in a car. As I observed last week when I was on the subway in NYC. Some people value their time and don't want to waste it riding trains and buses. But to each his own. If you like it I love it. But it's not for everyone and one is no better than the other if that's your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina