Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 11:43 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Congrats the both cities for landing GoogleFiber. It appears Five Diamond restaurants may not have been the determining factor. This high speed internet network will be transformative for both metros and perhaps causing both areas to really compete for more national prominent corporate expansions and bigger economic growth. This is great for both areas.

Google Fiber coming to Charlotte, major utility work to follow - Charlotte Business Journal
I'm switching most Def. I'm so tired of time Warner at this point.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 AM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
I'm switching most Def. I'm so tired of time Warner at this point.
I will switch the second I can. I pay for the 50meg TWC package and my streaming video still skips. Complete garbage.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:50 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
This Google Map

Google Fiber arrives in Charlotte as existing telecom companies are trying to protect their turf here. AT&T has committed to bringing its GigaPower gibabit-speed service to customers in Charlotte. And Time Warner Cable has said its own version of ultra high-speed Internet will soon be rolled out in the Queen City.

Last edited by CLT1985; 01-27-2015 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,306,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
This Google Map

Google Fiber arrives in Charlotte as existing telecom companies are trying to protect their turf here. AT&T has committed to bringing its GigaPower gibabit-speed service to customers in Charlotte. And Time Warner Cable has said its own version of ultra high-speed Internet will soon be rolled out in the Queen City.
This is the multiplier effect that happens with this announcement. This competition will only benefit Charlotte and add as a catalyst to other types of growth.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:41 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
This is an awesome day for N.C.. I REALLY like giving you guys a hard time. But it's all in fun. How lucky is N.C. to have Charlotte and the Triangle. Everyone thinks this will be great for business recruitment and N.C.'s overall image. I hope they're right.

Congratulations Queen City!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
This is an awesome day for N.C.. I REALLY like giving you guys a hard time. But it's all in fun. How lucky is N.C. to have Charlotte and the Triangle. Everyone thinks this will be great for business recruitment and N.C.'s overall image. I hope they're right.

Congratulations Queen City!
You know what I had to give you a rep for this. Hey since we Are getting this fast internet I wanted to ask you a question before we stop being nice and start going at each others throats lol. You know how you have the Research Triangle Park. What happens if Charlotte used the new goggle internet to build a data technology park. Mark Charlotte has a data giant type of deal?

Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
The Nation’s Top 10 Busiest Submarkets: 1. Uptown/South End Charlotte, NC

www.propertymanagementinsider.com/nations-top-10-busiest-submarkets-1-uptownsouth-end-charlotte-nc?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_camp aign=Feed%3A+PropertyManaem

Old 01-28-2015, 07:43 AM

743 posts, read 826,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
You know what I had to give you a rep for this. Hey since we Are getting this fast internet I wanted to ask you a question before we stop being nice and start going at each others throats lol. You know how you have the Research Triangle Park. What happens if Charlotte used the new goggle internet to build a data technology park. Mark Charlotte has a data giant type of deal?
I doubt Charlotte ever dublicates anything on the scale of RTP but the city is pushing to develop a Applied Innovation Corridor connecting SouthEnd,Uptown & UNCC via the blue line. Their is something like 3 million sq ft of vacant or under utilized warehouse space around N Tryon alone that could be redeveloped.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
I doubt Charlotte ever dublicates anything on the scale of RTP but the city is pushing to develop a Applied Innovation Corridor connecting SouthEnd,Uptown & UNCC via the blue line. Their is something like 3 million sq ft of vacant or under utilized warehouse space around N Tryon alone that could be redeveloped.
Choloboy. I agree creating anything the size of RTP is unlikely. Not saying it can't be done,but heck it took over 50 years to build the Park. As it ts now. At one point it was EVERYTHING in the Triangle. Honestly still is about 60%. It is the heart of the Triangle. As Uptown is and probably always be the heart of Charlotte. Something smaller maybe in Charlotte's future but anything on the scale of the Park in unlikely. Biggest reason I think is space is too costly. Research is costly and time consuming. Along with usually needing a lot of space usually a campus style setting. Plus they work with some scary stuff out there sometimes. Not the kind of stuff you want in high population areas. IMO.

Central PA Hazmat: Hazmat crews called to Cree in RTP.

A friend of mine was actually in the building when this happened. She was ok thankfully.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:19 AM

Nice pic

Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) Fiber is coming to Raleigh-Durham - Triangle Business Journal

Last edited by Atowwn; 01-28-2015 at 08:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina