Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 05:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times

Advertisements

There are 18,051 more people in Charlotte every year since 2010 by the US census. So believe when we say the is a building boon in Charlotte also.

Charlotte at the present has 200 bikes and 24 station and planning to expand as needed.

Johnny Harris: Goodbye, Atlanta; Charlotte poised as next hub of Southeast

He stressed quality of life, costs to live and locate business here and better retail shopping options as factors that will help set the Carolinas apart.
Now is a critical time when it comes to positioning the Carolinas for the future. Success hinges on economic development and continuing to do it better than other states, Harris says

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...F&t=1427327724

Old 03-25-2015, 06:02 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
So he's not the only one who thinks Raleigh is just as big if not bigger than Charlotte?

Hm. I know we have no cities that compare to Durham, our surrounding counties suck compared to Wakes amazing Progressive surrounding counties and UNCC is a joke compared to the Triangles Universities and educational scene as a whole.

Not sure why it's hard to understand SouthPark is bigger than "midtown." ...
What is Midtown Raleigh?Where is Midtown? Do you even know? Doubtful, so how can you have any idea which area is larger? As is that really matters.Charlotte vs. Raleigh?-image.jpg

This map shows the official Midtown boundaries. I say official because the a lot of the areas right outside the official boundaries are considered Midtown.

Point being,you have no idea what in the devil you are talking about. I'm not even saying South Park isn't larger. I don't know. Just as you don't.

Last edited by Atowwn; 03-25-2015 at 06:13 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 06:06 PM

$20 million renovation planned for Dowd YMCA branch

YMCA of Greater Charlotte to renovate Dowd branch on East Morehead Street - Charlotte Business Journal

Old 03-25-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
There's so much going on,it's hard to keep track sometimes. Good problem to have!

Raleigh Union Station had 18 million in added cost(problem)!!! The good thing is the City came up with the money 16 million. Without any major changes. Although it pushed the original start date back. 60 days or so. Not a big deal considering.

There are 12 active construction sites DT. In various stages. Even better there are 20 or so when you include Hillsborough St and Cameron Village. I may be off one way or the other but around 20 is pretty good!

Counting all the new proposals/site plans that I'm aware of. They total about 30. I doubt the all will happen but who knows. DT is hot right now. Everyone wants to be down there so anything is possible. I'm not counting the old police station(Lightner Site), old Greyhound building site or the N&O building,that's up for sale. The site next to Holiday Inn,haven't heard anything new. It's still going
thru the rezoning process. Along with the Kane sites.

Carolinas Medical Center, owned and operated by Carolinas Healthcare System, serves SouthPark and surrounding areas. Carolinas Healthcare System recently opened a new medical office complex within SouthPark featuring a medical office tower. Local community hospitals also serve SouthPark and its outlying areas.

Carolinas Medical Center, owned and operated by Carolinas Healthcare System, serves SouthPark and surrounding areas. Carolinas Healthcare System recently opened a new medical office complex within SouthPark featuring a medical office tower. Local community hospitals also serve SouthPark and its outlying areas.

Charter Square North and Edison Office Building haven't heard anything new.

The Residence Inn is supposedly starting next month

Hilton who knows

Unnamed hotel lol. Next to McDonalds moving slowly, but moving,last I heard.

Just heard about a few new things. Can't say they will happen,but fingers crossed. Just found out about 2 proposals. Both in Cameron Village. 1 at the Rite Aid,called 2000 Cameron St.2 at the old YWCA on Oberlin Rd called 1012 Oberlin. Both apartments I think.

A last bit of good news. Bike Share Raleigh is coming soon. The City has received a federal grant for 2 million big ones for initial set up. As soon as SAS,Red Hat,Citrix,Cisco come up with some advertising money,we're cooking. 30 stations 300 bikes according to reports. If everything goes according to plan it will be NC's largest. Ready by 2017.

I'm sure I missed something but now I'm tired. Looks like Mayberry is booming too lol
I have been to Raleigh last November. I have sister that lives near midtown. I was impress at what has happen to North Hills.

I was living in Raleigh when they built North Hills. I see Midtown and it is has a big present on the belt lone.
But North Hills-Midtown are different from South Park in Charlotte. South Park is bigger in land area than North Hills-Midtown. It has more office buildings and people living in that area. There is more retail and Restaurants. That said, North Hills and Midtown are nice and I am sure it will grow.

South Park is the home to the Fortune 300 company Nucor, as well as Dixon Hughes Goodman, National Gypsum, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, AmWINS Group, Carolinas AGC and Piedmont Natural Gas. Fluor, Bank of America Mortgage, First Citizens Bank, SunTrust Banks and CSX have major divisional operations located in South Park.

Last edited by CLT1985; 03-25-2015 at 06:32 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 07:04 PM

South Park Neighbrohood pictures

Pops in the Park

The Village at South Park
;

South Park Neighbrohood is approx. 5 square miles.

Last edited by CLT1985; 03-25-2015 at 07:51 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 08:01 PM

In South Park there is the Charlotte regional Library.
2 grocery stores
7 hotels

Neighborhoods | SouthPark Real Estate | Dickens Mitchener

Last edited by CLT1985; 03-25-2015 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 08:08 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

Carolinas Medical?????????????????????????

You do know the Duke Raleigh is in Midtown Raleigh Right???????????

Carolinas Medical vs Duke ??????? Is there a question in anybody's mind?????? Let's go with no.

You probably shouldn't even say Duke and Carolinas Medical in the same sentence

Old 03-25-2015, 08:16 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
What is Midtown Raleigh?Where is Midtown? Do you even know? Doubtful, so how can you have any idea which area is larger? As is that really matters.Attachment 146821

This map shows the official Midtown boundaries. I say official because the a lot of the areas right outside the official boundaries are considered Midtown.

Point being,you have no idea what in the devil you are talking about. I'm not even saying South Park isn't larger. I don't know. Just as you don't.

Yeah. And Jacksonville Florida is bigger than Miami.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,305,658 times
Mecklenburg cracks 1 million. Wake was just short.

Census: Mecklenburg County

Old 03-26-2015, 04:25 AM

Carolinas Medical Center is part of the Carolina Health Care System which is the largest health care system in North Carolina.
Duke Raleigh is not at the same level as Duke University Hospital in Durham which is a level 1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...North_Carolina

Last edited by CLT1985; 03-26-2015 at 04:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina