Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:13 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times

Advertisements

[quote=js4life;39125892]Not really, everybody that knows anything about basketball respects Coach K & the Duke program. But that's are far as it goes, I'm not going to pull for him though. You think Auburn fans cheers for Alabama? Or Kentucky fans for Louisville? Or Florida for Florida State or Miami in football?[/quote

You will not going to find U Texas pulling for Texas A&M. They even made a play about this. Best Little W#### House in Texas, I went to see it in Houston , and was a blast.
Great music.

If you think the people in Texas are hung up about Duke winning, think again.

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-07-2015 at 12:34 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 01:57 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
[quote=CLT1985;39125977]
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4life View Post
Not really, everybody that knows anything about basketball respects Coach K & the Duke program. But that's are far as it goes, I'm not going to pull for him though. You think Auburn fans cheers for Alabama? Or Kentucky fans for Louisville? Or Florida for Florida State or Miami in football?[/quote

You will not going to find U Texas pulling for Texas A&M. They even made a play about this. Best Little W#### House in Texas, I went to see it in Houston , and was a blast.
Great music.

If you think the people in Texas are hung up about Duke winning, think again.
I just looked at the Charlotte Observer page and the News&Observer page. One reference to Duke,Charlotte Observer. News&Observer 7. Looks like plenty of people around here are interested,huh? I'm sure there are some Carolina fans over there at the N&O lol. I would have loved if the other blue would have been in the championship game,and won. But it's not ment to be this year,sadly.

There's always next year.

Honest question,will any of the Charlotte teams win a Championship before I'm your age?????????

Sadly,probably not

Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM

743 posts, read 825,242 times
[quote=Atowwn;39127407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

I just looked at the Charlotte Observer page and the News&Observer page. One reference to Duke,Charlotte Observer. News&Observer 7. Looks like plenty of people around here are interested,huh? I'm sure there are some Carolina fans over there at the N&O lol. I would have loved if the other blue would have been in the championship game,and won. But it's not ment to be this year,sadly.

Honest question,will any of the Charlotte teams win a Championship before I'm your age?????????

Sadly,probably not
I never said nobody wasn't interested. I said few if any UNC fans pulled for Duke to win another title but we all respect their program. I think I have also repeatedly said that ACC basketball is more deeply ingrained in the states culture & their's nothing any pro team can do about that except win & win big & that still might not be enough. I also said that since Charlotte is not home to any ACC team it is better suited for pro sports simply because their is little competition for the disposable income & attention of the populace . No pro team is likely to bring home a title but the Panthers have the best shot at some point especially since free agency creates so much roster turnover & playoff teams seem to change yearly except for a couple if teams

Old 04-07-2015, 04:21 PM

What is more important, a job to support your family or brag ABOUT A SCHOOL YOU NEVER WENT TO.

We have more sports events in Charlotte than you give us credit for. Charlotte had 169 pro Games and attendance of 2,400,920.
This does not have 2 NASCAR race weeks.
UNC Charlotte, JC Smith, Queens University and Davidson Colleges which gives us our college sport.
Mallard Creek HS won the NC State 4A football championship.

Believe it or not but a lot of families go Boone to Appalachian State University games. Some go to see Wake Forest play.

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-07-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 06:54 PM

Davidson meets the Knights

Old 04-07-2015, 09:07 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,299,122 times
[quote=Atowwn;39127407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post

Sadly,probably not
While a Charlotte pro team may or may not win there are a few things you're over looking. The owner of a sorry Charlotte NBA franchise is a graduate of UNC. The point I'm getting at is the Charlotte benefits from the graduates of tobacco road as many come to work for the Charlotte companies. The pro sports that you tend to knock here for in Charlotte are actually a benefit to graduates of the tobacco road as it gives them the opportunity to stay in the state where they have called home for a few years. Of course, they could end up going anywhere, and many do, but in Charlotte the pro sports teams give the grads a potential job opportunity. So the pro sports teams in Charlotte are a plus for the state as they allow for NC to retain talent in the state and keep the tax dollars here (assuming they don't move to Fort Mill.).

The other thing, Charlotte and Raleigh economies are to a degree complimentary to each other and the both push the state. Charlotte's pro sports and it's venues are also beneficial for the ACC as the ACC championship football game is here as well as a guaranteed bowl game. So while the professional teams may "suck" the infrastructure is here and still generates income for the metro. Of course the same is true for college teams and sports. I will say though, that the Panthers and the Hornets have developed a fan base and winning definitely cures all ails.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:04 AM

Charlotte sports teams and sports attractions
1. Carolina Panthers
2-Charlotte Hornets
3-Charlotte Knights
4-Charlotte Checkers
5-Charlotte Independence
6-Charlotte Eagles
7-Charlotte Speed Demons
8-Charlotte Roller Girls
9-Charlotte Copperheads Indoor Lacrosse
10-Charlotte Rugby Club
11-Z-Max Dragway (4 lanes) NHRA
12-Charlotte Motor Speed Way
13-The Dirt Track At Charlotte
14-National Whitewater Center
15-Carowinds
16-Wells Fargo Championship PGA
17-Charlotte Hounds
18-Charlotte Area Cycling
19-Tarheel TrailBlazers - Charlotte Mountain Bike Club
20-Cannonballs Cycling Team
21-Carolina Cycling Team
22-Charlotte Sports Cycling
23-LT CYCL
24-Mojo Cycles Racing
25-Queen City Cyclists - NC
26-TENACIOUS
27-Uptown Cycles
28-Viva Raw Racing
19-Clemmons Bicycle Racing
20-Giordana Velodrome (Rock Hill)

BOA Stadium
BB&T Ball Park
Bo Jangle Coliseum
Time Warner Arena
American Legion Memorial Stadium

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-08-2015 at 05:51 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 06:01 AM

On-street testing of Charlotte’s streetcar underway this week

On-street testing of Charlotte

Old 04-08-2015, 07:44 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Raleigh has the 3rd largest skyline in the state.

These are for buildings that are already built, under construction or about to break ground excluding Prism Tower for Winston.

Of the 25 Tallest between Charlotte and Raleigh, 21 are in Charlotte and 4 are in Raleigh.
Of the 50 Tallest buildings between Raleigh and Charlotte, 39 are in Charlotte and 11 are in Raleigh

Of the 25 Tallest between Raleigh and Winston-Salem, 11 are in Raleigh and 14 in Winston-Salem.
Of the 50 Tallest between Raleigh and Winston-Salem, 20 Raleigh 30 in Winston

Winston-Salem

http://parents.wfu.edu/files/2014/10...kyline4207.jpg

Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Well all you guys do everyone a favor,pleeeeeease.

You especially are just ridiculous man. Over the last year or so you have went on and on and on. About how Charlotte has PROFESSIONAL sport. The Triangle only has college sports. Now the represent us all. Give me a break! If the represent us all today,why not every day? Btw I can go back and find the posts when you and I went back and forth for a week on this. You basically saying college basketball wasn't even worth talking about. Now they rep us all.

If that's the case then the Panthers and Hornets rep us all. In fact they actually do. Maybe we wish the Hornets didn't,but anyway. If so what's the point of you especially mentioning the two pro teams in Charlotte continually?

Sounds to me like you're trying to back track a little. I remember a specific conversation. When I said that our college basketball teams. More than make up for not having a NBA team. You and many of the other charlatan posters went nuts. I specifically remember one saying that our teams were overrated this year. Looks like he was as wrong as he could possibly beHuh Big A??

Have the guts to own your BS! If you talk smack and it blows up in your face. Be a man and own it son. It's ok. In all honesty,the Panthers had me a little worried last year. When I told Mutiny77 if they went to Super Bowl tickets on me. When they won that first game,my pockets got worried. Either way I wouldn't have pulled this crap. They rep us all cop out,pitiful!!!!

Choloboy in all honesty you're my favorite Charlatan. But you know is a 60,000-65,000 fan world stadium tour was coming to Charlotte. We'd never hear the end of it. I think this might be bigger than the CIAA. Obviously the biggest tour coming to N.C. this year. Unless something else is announced or was announced that I'm not aware of. By the way people of all ages will be there. Most 70 year olds don't go to rock concerts. By the way I was going Choloboy. But there some sort of lottery for tickets. I imagine they expect very high demand,go figure. Either way it should be a good week in Mayberry. All the bars,restaurants,and hotels should be packed. Maybe we can get some of that economic impact that you guys talk about all the time

clt1985 nothing you posted is even worth a response

EDIT clt1985

I remember the last time UNC won the Title. Two of their best players were drafted by the Bobcats,now Hornets.it was like falling into a black hole. Sadly they were never heard from again lol.

Hopefully Duke can do what no Charlotte area team can seem to do. Bring a title home to N.C.. Honestly guys,do ALL of your teams have to suck? It's getting a little old.

Lol thanks man. I have to give you your props honestly. You defend Raleigh to the core. Have mad respect for you now. We may still bump heads but it's all fun and games. Hmm lol yea you right if they did come it'll be on the light rail stations, news, flags in uptown, etc..... Hey I thinkbits just a charlotte thing honestly. Like when we got the DNC it was pretty loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina