Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 04:54 PM

536 posts, read 639,413 times

Advertisements

This debate between Raleigh and Charlotte is so pathetic considering Atlanta blows both out of the water

Old 04-18-2015, 05:14 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
If you go on Raleigh Downtown Alliance all they can talk about how many face book hits they had and how much garbage they pickup or what free movies they are show on the Street (they don't have a movie theater downtown). The whole site is a joke. They tell you nothing about what kind of business or number of worker downtown or development.
Downtown Raleigh is where you go to eat and hang out, then later get drunk and go home.

It is not a business center but a party center.
"they don't have a movie theater downtown"

Raleigh IMAX isn't downtown? That's news to me!

Old 04-18-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Most people don't consider Glenwood South a part of Downtown. It is a part of Downtown.

This along with charlotte485 and the elders comments is why I just laugh at this point. Just a bunch of foolish comments. Coming from a "urban lover" who lives in Huntersville(Apex). Allegedly a grow up. Who can't sleep at night. Dreaming about urban development. I guess he's still waiting on the urban development fairy to make Charlotte a truly big city. Keep waiting son. The fairy can't grant that wish.

Downtown,Uptown,Downtown,Uptown. You guys sound like a broken record. It's time for a new tune. There is basically NOTHING that You can do in Charlotte. That you can't do in the Triangle. NASCAR being the one exception that I can think of. But I could think of a few things in the Triangle that you can't do in the Big City.

I'll throw this out to clt1985.You love listing meaningless crap. What are all the great things available in Charlotte? That the rest of us poor deprived souls are missing out on? White Water Center is two. There I started for you. This should be a short list.

Just for the record this thread is Charlotte vs Raleigh/Durham aka the Triangle. A fact that some of you guys tend to forget. On purpose I think.
Testify brother!! Let's see if can expand upon your list for them. Well, there's the Billy Graham Museum Raleigh doesn't have that. More mega churches per capita than any southern city Raleigh doesn't have that. Major roads named after televangelists and stock car racers Raleigh doesn't have that.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunketsu View Post
This debate between Raleigh and Charlotte is so pathetic considering Atlanta blows both out of the water
NYC blows Atlanta out of the water but we're trying to keep it at apples to apples

Old 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post

Last weekend I had dinner at Sulivans Steakhouse,with friends. Then went to see Fast Furious 7 at IMAX Raleigh. Ended the night with drinks at Fox Liquor Bar(nationally ranked). I really felt deprived last week

Going to see Bruce Bruce at Goodnights tonight. Still feeling deprived here lol

Btw clt1985 can you read? It clearly says in the poll charlotte vs raleigh/Durham. Or did you miss that? Not to mention the OP has on numerous occasions. Keep trying but nobody's falling for it buddy!

Last edited by Atowwn; 04-18-2015 at 05:55 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 06:46 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post

We all know that but it not like a regular movie theater.

Charlotte has 2 IMAX theaters.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone here is trying to compare Atlanta with Charlotte or Raleigh.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
We all know that but it not like a regular movie theater.

Charlotte has 2 IMAX theaters.
and no Saks Fifth Avenues. Guess Charlotte doesn't have the clientele populace to support it. Oh well, you still have IKEA, I guess that's more in Charlotte folks' price range

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-18-2015 at 08:25 PM..

Old 04-18-2015, 09:02 PM

536 posts, read 639,413 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone here is trying to compare Atlanta with Charlotte or Raleigh.
Yeah, but if Atlanta looked at the squabbles between Raleigh and Charlotte it would laugh

Old 04-18-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but if Atlanta looked at the squabbles between Raleigh and Charlotte it would laugh
That's probably because Atlanta is by far the largest metro in Georgia whereas Raleigh CSA and Charlotte CSA metros are more or less equal and because Atlanta has all of the state's major pro sports and college teams (exempt UGa) and is their state's cultural center, state capital, and dominates Georgia in most everything else. Whereas Greater Raleigh is NC's dominate culture center. dominate research center, dominate technology center, dominate center of higher education, dominate world class hospital center, has one of the major league sports teams and all the major college teams (except Wake Forest) and is the state capital. Charlotte dominates in banking and financial services, has 2 pro sports teams, NASCAR and no major colleges or college teams…..oh, and Charlotte does have two Imax theaters as someone pointed out earlier

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-18-2015 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina