Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:16 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I think Charlotte claims some wrasslin' championships.
WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 05:21 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times
Growth surge: Charlotte's population to swell by 47% between 2010 and 2030

Growth surge: Charlotte's population to swell by 47% between 2010 and 2030 - Charlotte Business Journal

Old 04-27-2015, 05:57 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Sources: Allscripts in talks to build 18-story tower at North Hills in Raleigh

At North Hills, Kane Realty is already constructing an 18-story office tower – North Hills Tower Two – that will be completed in spring 2016 and have 300,000-square-feet of leasable office space, but real estate sources say that Allscripts is instead negotiating to have its own 18-story tower build on another site at North Hills.

Sources: Allscripts Healthcare (Nasdaq: MDRX) in talks to build 18-story tower at North Hills in Raleigh - Triangle Business Journal

Looks like they will either fill Tower II. Pushing Tower III forward,even faster. Or from what I could tell add another tower entirely. Because Tower III is set at 28 stories. Tower IV is supposed to be even taller,if I'm not mistaken. There are plans for a few mid-rise office buildings and apartments. Hopefully one of those get upgraded. Either way looks like things are about to shift into high gear in Midtown Raleigh.

Or should we just call it "Little Buckhead" now? I think Huntersville485 would love that lol

Oh and before you charlatans start up. Downtown is doing just fine,but thanks!

Last I heard the Edison is starting in August. Plans for 4-5 20 story buildings in the Warehouse District. The New residence inn should be starting anytime now. The hotel proposal behind Charter Square goes before the planning commission next week I think. Charter North is coming slowly but surely. They are in early planning stages for 2 projects. One at N&O building another at old greyhound station. Both should be big,considering what the sites will cost. There are a few more things,but who has the time.

NC senators drop bill to revoke Dorothea Dix sale | News & Observer News & Observer

Residents can weigh in on Raleigh

Just thought I'd share. Oh just in case you missed it. Raleigh Union Station's groundbreaking is May 8th.

Almost forgot about the Centennial Campus hotel started Wednesday.
Centennial Campus hotel construction gets underway Wednesday | News & Observer News & Observer

So as you can see,we can walk and chew gum at the same time

Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Looks like they will either fill Tower II. Pushing Tower III forward,even faster. Or from what I could tell add another tower entirely. Because Tower III is set at 28 stories. Tower IV is supposed to be even taller,if I'm not mistaken. There are plans for a few mid-rise office buildings and apartments. Hopefully one of those get upgraded. Either way looks like things are about to shift into high gear in Midtown Raleigh.

Or should we just call it "Little Buckhead" now? I think Huntersville485 would love that lol

Oh and before you charlatans start up. Downtown is doing just fine,but thanks!

Last I heard the Edison is starting in August. Plans for 4-5 20 story buildings in the Warehouse District. The New residence inn should be starting anytime now. The hotel proposal behind Charter Square goes before the planning commission next week I think. Charter North is coming slowly but surely. They are in early planning stages for 2 projects. One at N&O building another at old greyhound station. Both should be big,considering what the sites will cost. There are a few more things,but who has the time.

NC senators drop bill to revoke Dorothea Dix sale | News & Observer News & Observer

Residents can weigh in on Raleigh

Just thought I'd share. Oh just in case you missed it. Raleigh Union Station's groundbreaking is May 8th.

Almost forgot about the Centennial Campus hotel started Wednesday.
Centennial Campus hotel construction gets underway Wednesday | News & Observer News & Observer

So as you can see,we can walk and chew gum at the same time

Huntersville485 is writing a paper on Race issues in America. Congrats, you're going to be one of my examples on a sensitive issue.

Funny... I currently work full time but I have an interview for a new position in uptown in finance while having gone back recently to school as a full time student and soon to be 49er in the fall when I transfer.

Curiously... have you ever attended Duke/UNC and can I assume you work in the tech industry in Research Park?

I bet you have bedbugs.

Last edited by Charlotte485; 04-27-2015 at 06:20 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 06:45 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Growth surge: Charlotte's population to swell by 47% between 2010 and 2030

Growth surge: Charlotte's population to swell by 47% between 2010 and 2030 - Charlotte Business Journal
from the link above "Charlotte's area's population will grow to 2.74 million by 2030."

So Charlotte's 10 county area will be 250,000 bigger than it is today, wow explosive, lol

Or is it 47% of the current CSA 2.5 million, which is 1,175,000 not 2.74 million, not even half.

That's either small growth or big fluff, which is it Hype City? lol

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-27-2015 at 07:25 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 07:14 PM

Raleigh downtown leads uptown Charlotte in the following:

Live music
LGBT bars
large arts district
300 acre urban destination park
World class among the best in the south non-chain restaurants and chefs

Uptown Charlotte leads Downtown Raleigh in:

Cold sterile office buildings with lobbies that close at 8pm
A light rail hardly nobody rides at night
graveyards
chain restaurants
bedbugs
drugs
stip clubs
prostitutes

Old 04-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Charlotte-Douglas International Airport is one of the few airports in the US that has a public viewing area. Here, visitors can watch planes take off, land, and taxi to and from runway 18C/36C. It is credited with having one of the best airport views in the United States.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Raleigh downtown leads uptown Charlotte in the following:

Live music
LGBT bars
large arts district
300 acre urban destination park
World class among the best in the south non-chain restaurants and chefs

Uptown Charlotte leads Downtown Raleigh in:

Cold sterile office buildings with lobbies that close at 8pm
A light rail hardly nobody rides at night
graveyards
chain restaurants
bedbugs
drugs
stip clubs
prostitutes

Raleigh is the bed bug capital of North Carolina

Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Raleigh is the bed bug capital of North Carolina
I remember when you said, "Charlotte has just 9 cases!" and then provided the link showing that was actually for Raleigh not Charlotte, how embarrassing that must have been for you, lol Then provided a link with Durham AND Fayetteville stats lumped in with Raleigh so you could get it past Charlotte's, hahaha!

And you're still trying it, lol

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...orror-stories/

I knew Charalatans were fluffers but outright liars?

Charlotte: NC's bedbug capital…and prostitute…and drug capital, lol!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1861492.html

Last edited by Raleigh540; 04-27-2015 at 07:45 PM..

Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 PM

[booo

On all your post about Charlotte Like wise to Raleigh

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-27-2015 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina