Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:43 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,161,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Pretty much.

And even despite Billy Graham, which btw Raleigh wants to send to DC, Charlotte stil has more LGBT protections than backwards Raleifh.

Is it true the triangle region is nothing but an office park surrounded by big towns with nonexistent downtowns that no one lives in because they prefer Cul-de-sacs?
Raleigh hasn't named a road after ole Billy and there certainly isn't a museum in the Capital City for him.

Is it true? I don't know, why don't you read up:

10Best: City art districts around the USA

DPAC Official Site :: 2014 Attendance Rankings Place DPAC Among the Best Theaters in America

Downtown Chapel Hill

Old 05-08-2015, 02:44 PM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Why do you constantly post periods and things of this nature?

Old 05-08-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Look at downtown Raleigh. That's depressing. How can a city of 400,000 not have a downtown??? It actually looks like downtown Gastonia (cute little buildings).
or DC.

Charlotte looks like Cleveland….except Cleveland has character and culture.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm51 View Post

Also, is there something wrong with being a republican (or just not a democrat)? I guess there is only one correct political party these days..
Ask RockHill485, he seems pre-occupied with this sort of thing

Old 05-08-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:

And Raleigh looks nothing like DC unless you take a ton of acid.
And Charlotte looks nothing like Atlanta unless you take a ton of x….lol

Old 05-08-2015, 02:49 PM

363 posts, read 445,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
And Charlotte looks nothing like Atlanta unless you take a ton of x….lol
Agreed.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:51 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
Raleigh hasn't named a road after ole Billy and there certainly isn't a museum in the Capital City for him.

Is it true? I don't know, why don't you read up:

10Best: City art districts around the USA

DPAC Official Site :: 2014 Attendance Rankings Place DPAC Among the Best Theaters in America

Downtown Chapel Hill

Yet downtown Raleigj, no greater than downtown Cary, the largest town in the country (which doesn't the Triangle also have the largest office park?) still has trouble attracting people to. The free nature museums... Yeah, how often do people go there? It's attendance is probably inflated by school field trips) still isn't attractive enough to get people to live downtown. Hence the shoddy little bus system that serves the town of Raleigh, the Capitol of the Podunk bible state that actually is more like gastonia thn it is like Charlotte or Ralegh.

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I like suburbs to. Hunk ook at how huntersville racks in education & crime compared to Raleigh.

Huntersville is probably more urban than Raleigh

Old 05-08-2015, 02:54 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Because Atlanta is the business, cultural and entertainment mecca of the southeast US (the real south!....period). Of course there are big city issues associated with that. Cities that aren't striving to be Atlanta know it's impossible to get there or to have anything remotely close to that prominence, which is cool, a city's gotta know it's limitations. Charlotte is the closest city to that level but will NEVER be Atlanta but probably exist in a tier between the ATL and the others...

Raleigh or Charlotte?

Charlotte has it all over Raleigh.

Raleigh is horribly overhyped and horribly overrated. I'm shocked by the number of people on this forum who think a sprawlsville like Cary is the best thing since bananabread with strawberries and whipped cream!

Agreed! And I grew up in Raleigh! I really don't get the appeal. Really, I don't. It is just another in a longlist of suburban-esque locales. Though I understand that people like the "lower" cost of living, I cannot imagine living there again. Unless you are going to college in the Triangle, it doesn't have much appeal beyond that age bracket.

As for Charlotte, it is the next Atlanta ... for better AND for worse. Its growth pattern is straight out of the ATL playbook; this I know for certain because Charlotte has had Atlanta-sized aspirations for the better part of 20years. Jim and Tammy Faye represented only one side of that coin; the other side is being presented now. But for what it is worth, Charlotte is changing and alot of those changes will put it where Atlanta is now.

I cant believe raleigh is on list for best singles, they just had it on the news.
Again. Yeah if you are 18-25 after that not so great.
I heard the dog park is a good place. Hmmmm

Raleigh SUCKS!

I just moved to the Raleigh area and it sucks. There is nothing to do for singles, although locals rave about the museums and parks. I ended up staying home for New Year's Eve because the only event in town was "First Night Raleigh" which included a giant acorn drop - neither my son (14) nor I (31) were the least bit interested in that.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:54 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
The suburbs of Raleigh are getting a LightRail within a decade to connect them to an office park.,, before Raleigh - if ever - gets one. If Raleigh decided today to build LRT? It would take 20 years until the first people would board from Cary to the office park. Congrats.,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina