Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If North Carolina a good place to settle down and have kids at?
Yes 20 74.07%
No 4 14.81%
When I'm over 35 yrs 3 11.11%
Don't Know, don't care 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,516 times

Advertisements

I want to move to North Carolina, I'm just not sure were. I would like to live somewhere thats part city. I love the city attitude but I want to come home to nice little place with a yard na d maybe a mountain view. I have a dog too. I currently live in florida but sometimes it gets kinda weird here. Does any one have any suggestions where to check out? I need lots of information? Also, I would need to find work, I'm a graphic designer by trade, does any one know if NC has jobs in that field, or a place I can check out for my self? PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,707 times
I don't know if there's a much of a city life in NC. Your best bets are Charlotte and Raleigh and they are not really cities compared to places like New York or San Francisco. Neither have the cosmopolitan attitude you'd find in a big city. I'm not saying that Charlotte and Raleigh aren't nice, just that they don't have that heavy urban feel you'd find elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
cynproductions, I think you just described Asheville, North Carolina.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:44 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
cynproductions, I think you just described Asheville, North Carolina.
I agree.

As Jinxor noted, there are no huge cities here like New York, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. There are still decent sized cities with plenty to offer. Whether it has enough of a city atmosphere for you is impossible for us to know. You'll just have to visit & decide for yourself. Good luck!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,469 times
I just moved here from Atlanta and I have a friend moving here from Wellington, FL next month. I'll tell you the good the bad if you want a newcomer prespective.

Joey C

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-28-2007 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: user request

Old 10-28-2007, 04:04 PM

5 posts, read 11,470 times
I am in the same boat you are. I am also in South FLorida and want to move but am not sure where. It is funny because a friend of mine suggested Ashville,NC...mayne that is a good place???

Old 10-28-2007, 10:27 PM

276 posts, read 1,142,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Joey Carter View Post
I just moved here from Atlanta and I have a friend moving here from Wellington, FL next month. I'll tell you the good the bad if you want a newcomer prespective.

Joey C
I would like the good, the bad, and the ugly lol. Especially compared to Atl. I left ATL and came to Phoenix, don't like it out here either so NC is my next spot.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariee32 View Post
I am in the same boat you are. I am also in South FLorida and want to move but am not sure where. It is funny because a friend of mine suggested Ashville,NC...mayne that is a good place???
I have lived in several different places in North Carolina over the past 60 years. What are your requirements and I will try to help.

I suggested Asheville because she mentioned a mountain view and a city. Coming from South Florida you may like Elizabeth City on the East Coast. There is a little town called Albemarle in the Piedmont that has hills and a Lake Tillery. If you lived in South Florida, I am making the assumption you like living near the water. High Rock Lake is another pretty area. Kerr Scott Lake is in Wilkes County. I have read on the other threads that the people there are clanish and since I grew up there, I can tell you that is true, but if you go to church and are very conservative, you will fit in. That is a tourist area and there is a lot to do in that area: Blue Ridge Parkway, 1/2 hour away, Walker Center on Wilkes Community College property for entertainment, Boone and Blowing Rock, just up the mountain.

I forgot Lake Norman right outside of Charlotte.

Last edited by NCN; 10-28-2007 at 10:53 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 11:44 AM

3 posts, read 20,373 times
Hi I am contemplating the raleigh area and read you were from Atlanta. That is where I am now so I would love to hear the good and the bad of it from you. I wanted a bit of a smaller city, better weather, and a location not far from the beach or the mountains. However, I fear that there may not be as much cultural diversity in raleigh as there is in Atlanta.

thanks

Old 10-30-2007, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 10,292 times
Default North Carolina Is A Great Place To Call Home!

If you are looking for a place that has all 4 seasons, as well as city life, and the country life, you need to check out North Carolina.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-30-2007 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: solciting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina