Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times

Advertisements

This is mostly a slam on the liberal media. These things are what encourages Fox to be in the game. I don't like them either and that's partly why I remain unaffiliated on the voter's roll.

I'm just sick of either the press not doing their homework, not verifying things, or wanting to make a story instead of one. To help get away with it, a lot of this stuff ends up on blogs where they can duck and cover. This happened with one story last week in the Washington Post and UPI blew it big time on a news item.

This is on the heels of me finding out that an ultra conservative person that was a mentor to me when I was a teen was busted for buying pot and talking gay to a few 19 year old guys and one that was 17. He argued conservative platform in front of the Supreme Court so he was up there.

The press vilified him which they should have. He should have lost his job which he did. But, there wasn't even enough for the police to investigate even though the "boys" captured it on their cell phone video.

The press reported him to be a pedophile. Huffington Post picked up on this. I would think a reporter could look up the definition of pedophile but since some blogger working for a leftist paper said it then it was OK to repeat it. Even one of my favorite resources Find Law reported that our nation locks up pedophiles which we do a lot but we usually punish people for breaking the law and not for how they think (unless they break the law).

But that's not what I'm hear to talk about but it sure is feeling familiar and I can see how the tea party builds their conspiracy ideas. I was about to think the same.

Here's what I learned last week:

1) The black democratic female mayor of Asheville lobbied the GA to expand the law on public nudity. Because she was black, liberal and female the act was translated to be an attack on women by the GOP. Wait, I mean because the GOP is in charge of the NC government it was labeled an attack on women.

Think about what the NAACP would think if it was alleged that the white GOP party refused to listen to the petitions (a first amendment right) of a black mayor. Damned if you do.

2) The GA introduced a bill to create a state religion in NC.

3) A lawsuit was filed because the city of Charlotte city council met in closed doors with the Panther's. The city council members that approved this were democrats and no one alleged any partisanship but I wonder if Jerry Richardson is a Republican.

What did you learn last week about our state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina