Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 AM

544 posts, read 1,047,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I haven't read all 40+ pages of the bill, & my guess would be that you haven't either.
Ok, now I have.

Quote:
Tell me why you think that going on vacation for over 7 days would transfer ownership of your guns. That doesn't even begin to make sense. If your guns are properly secured, your roommate would not have access to them.
You might be right - this bill is actually pretty thin. I'm not a lawyer and there was a fair amount in it that I'm not going to pretend I understood, but there's also not much about transfers in general. About half the bill defines a new firearms board and qualifies who can be assigned to it.

Quote:
The NRA is against background checks because the gun industry is against it & they get much of their money from the gun manufacturers.
Got a source for that?

Quote:
Since you live in MD, why are you posting this on the NC board? This thread is specific to Kay Hagan's vote.
I'm moving to NC in 4 months and have been checking the NC board to see what's up down your way.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-23-2013 at 10:54 AM..

Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 AM

13,373 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
I'm moving to NC in 4 months and have been checking the NC board to see what's up down your way.
Hello - I am another former Maryland resident who recently moved to North Carolina. I was just trying to understand the stance of a local politician. I refuse to get drawn into a fight over gun control, but there seem to lots of gun-rights advocates here.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM

544 posts, read 1,047,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Hello - I am another former Maryland resident who recently moved to North Carolina. I was just trying to understand the stance of a local politician. I refuse to get drawn into a fight over gun control, but there seem to lots of gun-rights advocates here.
Many more than in Maryland, that's for sure.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
Ok, now I have.

You might be right - this bill is actually pretty thin. I'm not a lawyer and there was a fair amount in it that I'm not going to pretend I understood, but there's also not much about transfers in general. About half the bill defines a new firearms board and qualifies who can be assigned to it.

Got a source for that?

Ohhhh the generalizations begin! I read the WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, a few local papers and a bunch of news magazines like Slate, Salon and the New Yorker. I'm not affiliated with a party, voted for Obama twice and republicans down the state line because our democrats in MD are ****ing crazy.

It is my opinion that a transfer of ownership happens as a result of a gift (including inheritance) or a sale. If you can explain how going on vacation for over 7 days would constitute a transfer of ownership, do so now. I use almost the same list of sources that you listed for news. The only one that came close to your interpretation of this law was FOX. Since I repeatedly saw both Manchin & Toomey explain the bill & say that the NRA was in the room with them, I think that they trump FOX.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I don't think our government has any business knowing who owns a gun and who doesn't. They need to concentrate on putting criminals in prison. They are the ones that do the crimes. Whether a gun is registered or not means nothing. Many guns used in crimes were stolen. Registering guns will not stop people from stealing them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina