Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,760 times

Advertisements

The worst thing I've noticed in my short time here? You can't really ever been in a grouchy mood, because everyone else is always so friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,130,162 times
The worst thing about North Carolina is better than the best things in most states.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:16 AM

7,969 posts, read 10,536,373 times
The summers here are TOO hot for TOO long. That being said, the milder winters mean less money spent on heat/utilities. We have several weeks in the fall when we don't need the air conditioner or the heat. This is my favorite time.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 12,815 times
It seems to me that most of the things that are being said could quite possibly be any place in the US or perhaps any country, therefore I find that NC is the most beautiful and most friendliest place to live. Jobs, yes they are scarce but there is work if one will simply put their pride on hold and take a job, even if it is min. wage. At least it puts money in your pocket, a roof over your head and pride in your step.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM

455 posts, read 1,113,994 times
Lived here all my life. I loved how the state has grown and changed.

There are things I would change;
I would prefer less humid summers,
I wish it would snow more than freezing rain,
I wish people would use turn signals more (includes me ,
I wish there was less educational/wealth dichotomy comparing the rural areas vs the metro/urban towns (problem in many large states),
I wish there were more open minded people (problem in may Southern places),
and finally...I don't like that new transplants, who relocated to NC, think they are superior to those who were born and raised here. To those who think this place is terrible, I say fine, then move back to where you came from. Oh wait, no job back home???

Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 PM

455 posts, read 1,113,994 times
To clarify my last statement, I'm not referring to all newcomers. Those who have moved here are the main reason why the state has grown and cultivated to a top-10 place to live.

I'm talking about those small subset who probably never will be happy where they live, but I feel that there are more people that openly whine, who are not originally from the area. They are usually the loudest ones too.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 AM

3 posts, read 5,279 times
OMG! WHAT AM I GETTING INTO MOVING HERE?! From a population of 750,oo to this? Plus I'm going to around alot of uneducated haterz! Dear God, help me! BTW, HOW ARE THE SALONS THERE?

Old 05-23-2010, 02:10 AM

3 posts, read 5,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmboyinNC View Post
Lived here all my life. I loved how the state has grown and changed.

There are things I would change;
I would prefer less humid summers,
I wish it would snow more than freezing rain,
I wish people would use turn signals more (includes me ,
I wish there was less educational/wealth dichotomy comparing the rural areas vs the metro/urban towns (problem in many large states),
I wish there were more open minded people (problem in may Southern places),
and finally...I don't like that new transplants, who relocated to NC, think they are superior to those who were born and raised here. To those who think this place is terrible, I say fine, then move back to where you came from. Oh wait, no job back home???

*****I will be a new "transplant" there soon and ai don't appreciate you sterotyping us that way, especially since most of us "transplants" will probably end up being your boss.*****

Old 05-23-2010, 10:21 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,044,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
The worst thing about North Carolina is better than the best things in most states.

So far we would agree.

The drivers (on the secondary roads) are either crazy or all NASCAR wannabees.

The weather is much nicer than, say Wisconsin or North Dakota.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM

94 posts, read 247,820 times
This...

//www.city-data.com/forum/north...a-drivers.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina