Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:02 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
NC was all over Money Magazine and CNN and msnbc being a great place to live. No one I have seen but maybe two people on the AZ forum claims it to be a great place, I know the negatives of AZ, high crime, no urban areas, pollution, wide spread growth and more, I took those comments and included them in our decision to live here, but on this thread if you say something bad you get jumped on for raining on their parade or being negative when our experiences may be experienced by others that may move there or already have, they are just as valid as the positive ones, which I have had in NC and have stated.

I don't watch CNN or msnbc and I don't read Money Magazine. I swear I never heard it was a good place to live, only from my brother in-law. I would have maybe checked it out earlier. I do love AZ and the closer I get to moving to NC the more I start missing it already. I just love the sunshine and the weather. I couldn't care less about urban areas. I love my backyard and that's all that matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For whoever called this "another pollyanna post" I will just say this...some people see the glass as half full, some will always see it half empty. Attitude can be everything.
Watch out remember that guy attacked me when I said that glass half full and half empty. He told me I had a bad attitude and the people in NC would eat me up alive because of my horrible attitude.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I have tried to state what our experiences were with the state and got met with alot of hostility, so I now do not state our opinions in full, I do agree that newcomers need to not complain to the locals about what they percieve is wrong when in fact that is how they live and it isnt wrong to them, that is why we left we didnt agree so instead of fighting with everyone we left. I am not bitter anymore( but my husband is so I do not let him on this forum!!!!) there is alot about the state I loved, the mountains are wonderful and so are the beaches, I had a great time there.

And no you were not attacking anyone, but it is funny how some will be negative and the next person makes a snide comment about them, or will put something nasty on their rep area.
It wasn't me...............

Old 10-11-2006, 10:10 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Should we take a vote on whether this thread should be put to rest and locked?

Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I don't watch CNN or msnbc and I don't read Money Magazine. I swear I never heard it was a good place to live, only from my brother in-law. I would have maybe checked it out earlier. I do love AZ and the closer I get to moving to NC the more I start missing it already. I just love the sunshine and the weather. I couldn't care less about urban areas. I love my backyard and that's all that matters
There are things about NC I miss already, the trees, the changing leaves , the sweet tea!!!! The weather not so much!!! Although spring was nice when I could open my windows and turn the heat off, but then the yellow pollen would come inside and coat everything like a blanket it was weird!!!! That happens in may and June, I had never seen that before!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 10:12 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
No we all just need to be open minded and polite.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
it wasnt me I swear!!!!!!!!!!! whats a pollyanna anyway?
Ha!! I really didn't think it was you at all

A pollyanna is a person who always looks on the bright side, even when the ship is sinking, so to speak.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
It wasn't me...............
Oh, believe me, I KNOW that

Old 10-11-2006, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
I vote NO. As several posters have said, they like seeing both sides of things. I just think if we all try to focus on being helpful things will be alright.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,068 times
Default sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I vote NO. As several posters have said, they like seeing both sides of things. I just think if we all try to focus on being helpful things will be alright.
You don't think this has turned into a bicker-fest? It's like a bunch of kids in a sandbox. This thread was somewhat informative on the first couple of pages, but now it's become unbearable to read. There's no more info to be had here. I'm opting out of this thread.
My thanks to those who have been helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina