Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post
First of all, the Boone Mall has barely any stores, and there's horrible stock in the stores they do have. Second, there's no food court (although Tucker's Cafe is pretty good), and third this happens. It's happening now actually.
Reminds me of this scene I saw driving near Crabtree Valley Mall when we first moved to Raleigh in 2006.

Best malls in NC?-crabtree.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 07:14 AM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
Was in Hanes the other day...it does have all the stores, but the layout is ridiculous. A mall like Carolina Place in Pineville or Triangle Town Center in Raleigh have much better layouts and still have all the stores. Hanes is strung out lengthwise, looks mediocre at best from the exterior and requires you to walk through Penney's to get to the other half of the mall.

IMO, The Penney's part should be changed to just have stores and a Penney's be added (or even just gotten rid of) somewhere where there is overflow parking.

Old 05-06-2013, 07:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Was in Hanes the other day...it does have all the stores, but the layout is ridiculous. A mall like Carolina Place in Pineville or Triangle Town Center in Raleigh have much better layouts and still have all the stores. Hanes is strung out lengthwise, looks mediocre at best from the exterior and requires you to walk through Penney's to get to the other half of the mall.

IMO, The Penney's part should be changed to just have stores and a Penney's be added (or even just gotten rid of) somewhere where there is overflow parking.
Before 1990, Penny's was the the last store on that wing, JC Penny's Belk and Sears all three have been there since the mall opened in 1975.
Hanes Mall has the more stores than any other mall in this state. Before the new wing open it use to have these giant fountains in the middle of walkways.

Carolina Place opened in 1991 and TTC opened in 2002.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post
Worst mall: Boone
Sounds like someone's never been to the mall in Lenoir.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
My Favorite is Eastland. Why? It's Gone, Out-of-Business, Adios Muchacho - it's a beautiful site.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:06 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post

I agree the layout isn't the best. I think there were plans to remove JC Penney and turn the area into more stores, while having an outdoor section to the west of the current JC Penney store.

I don't agree that Carolina Place and Triangle Town Center offer the same stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Hanes Mall has the more stores than any other mall in this state.
That would be Crabtree.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
I agree the layout isn't the best. I think there were plans to remove JC Penney and turn the area into more stores, while having an outdoor section to the west of the current JC Penney store.

I don't agree that Carolina Place and Triangle Town Center offer the same stores.

That would be Crabtree.

You are correct it has 220 stores and its older mall too built 1972 but it only has 4 major tenants where Hanes has 5

Old 05-06-2013, 04:04 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Oak Hallow Mall rules! Very spacious, lots of parking, people don't get in your way, you won't gain weight eating at the food court or the restaurants, and there is never a wait to get in the theatre.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:08 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:

That would be Crabtree.
Hanes Mall aerial with zillions of parking spots...JCP is in the middle: .: Welcome to Silas Pointe - Winston-Salem, North Carolina :.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:

That would be Crabtree.
JC Penney in Hanes is slick, or used to be. When you used to walk through there the store provided you with two choices to pass through like a maze; one way you would breeze through relatively uninhibited. Choose the wrong way and become stymied in a myriad of scents, jewelry, clothes, and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina