Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,736,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I learned how to drive in northern Jersey and Brooklyn. I'm aggressive by all means, not going to deny that. Then I moved to Arkansas for 4 years and everyone was all nice and slow and calm...back to NC....haha wow, I swear they might be even worse down here!! EVERYONE always rides ass! Even on the highways...going 80mph in the left lane there will be a line of cars all grouped together all tailgating. Better get used to getting cut off, and a blinker? Wtf is that??? Most here have never heard of the things. Road rage is ridonkulous. I am speaking of my experiences living in Fayetteville and Southern Pines over the past year.
Are you aware of how many now living in NC are from NJ/NY? They don't appear to be leaaving their driving habits behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,128,512 times
Quote:
Why are so many NY, NJ people moving to NC? What aboutNC appeals to them?

I'm guessing it's our good driving habits.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:50 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,513,947 times
Quote:
I've driven all over the state. It's everywhere...even when I was in between Fay and Raleigh people were flying. The whole way to Charlotte was the same. The way down to Myrtle beach, same. I think it's just the entire east coast. Like I said, drivers in Arkansas, Missouri, TN, etc are quite pleasant!
Then why are you surprised?
BTW, the left lane is not a "fast" lane but a "passing" lane. If you are driving 80 mph and cars are piling up behind you move your ass over and let them go. We drive from the left side of the car, therefore passing to the right is more dangerous due to bigger blind spots.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,309,262 times
NJ drivers tailgate because they are in a hurry. NC drivers tailgate because they don't know any better. Nobody down South is ever in a hurry.

Almost all NJ drivers use turn signals all the time.
The only people in NC who use turn signals are former NY, NJ drivers and NC drivers who don't know what that flashing light on the dashboard means. It was like that when they bought the car.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,543,105 times
Quote:
Why are so many NY, NJ people moving to NC? What aboutNC appeals to them?
"Oh muy gwad the houses are so much cheapa' down theya!"

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,152,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
NJ drivers tailgate because they are in a hurry. NC drivers tailgate because they don't know any better. Nobody down South is ever in a hurry.

The only people in NC who use turn signals are former NY, NJ drivers and NC drivers who don't know what that flashing light on the dashboard means. It was like that when they bought the car.
What an idiotic post.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
NCN

21,665 posts, read 25,515,592 times
Quote:
I've driven all over the state. It's everywhere...even when I was in between Fay and Raleigh people were flying. The whole way to Charlotte was the same. The way down to Myrtle beach, same. I think it's just the entire east coast. Like I said, drivers in Arkansas, Missouri, TN, etc are quite pleasant!
Arkansas has the worst drivers we have ever experienced. We came out of the state laughing about the number of people there that have no idea how to drive or merge into an multiple lane road. Too many stories to tell it all, but it was not pretty. I do have to tell you about one little old lady that came down the merging lane and just assumed she owned our lane too. Hubby could not get to the left lane and we almost wrecked trying to miss her. She then preceded to the left lane and camped there. Then here came a teen in a pickup and merged on just like she had, but we knew what the rule was by then. Merger has the right-of-way!

Next worst state to drive in is California.

Third would be Florida.

I agree with you about the tailgaters in North Carolina; but how many of them moved here from NY, NJ, and Pennsylvania?

Just saying.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:22 AM
NCN

21,665 posts, read 25,515,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I believe you have the turn signals confused with the horn. We bought our car in September of 2012 and the only time we have used our horn was to check to see how it worked. Our turn signals work fine and often.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:20 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,309,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
What an idiotic post.
Either you don't drive or your not very observant are you?

I'm not the only one complaining about tailgaters and non use of signals.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 AM

3,623 posts, read 4,454,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Then why are you surprised?
BTW, the left lane is not a "fast" lane but a "passing" lane. If you are driving 80 mph and cars are piling up behind you move your ass over and let them go. We drive from the left side of the car, therefore passing to the right is more dangerous due to bigger blind spots.
you aint gotta tell me that, dont worry. i know what it's for. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina