Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,790,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I see where you're coming from, I respectfully disagree on the "relevancy" and I don't imagine any amount of pettiitong would move this legislature. THey don't seem to care what the majority of their constituents want now (as can be seen by approval ratings) so I don't think that would change then.
I think you're right. The GA has a ramrod and they are using it. We should see a showdown soon. Charlotte apparently has it's finger on the lawyer button over having airport control taken away from them. Talk about hard feelings. Surrounding municipalities voted to support taking the airport away from us and then hold their hand out for their own transport needs and forgot we had more votes than them on those commissions.

Our answer of course was to have our mayor move to Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 08:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,686,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I'm not arguing at all. And I'm not lying about where other members work.

I have no interest in debating the merits, rather I grow tired of people mourning the death of sovereignty of local governments when none ever existed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I think you're right. The GA has a ramrod and they are using it. We should see a showdown soon. Charlotte apparently has it's finger on the lawyer button over having airport control taken away from them. Talk about hard feelings. Surrounding municipalities voted to support taking the airport away from us and then hold their hand out for their own transport needs and forgot we had more votes than them on those commissions.

Our answer of course was to have our mayor move to Washington

So The airport itself is another example the city isnt soverign like you claim so you shouldnt have issue with it despite the airport upgrades, Asheville water system have been paid by local bonds.

With this new law mental hospitals can be rezoned to property with no public opposition.
Farm land & residental can go at a fly rezoned from agricultural to industrial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina