Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Because you can't trust evil people. Ever hear of the Luby's massacre?

Luby's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How about Luigi's in Fayetteville?

Soldier Kills 4 People and Hurts 6 In a Restaurant in North Carolina - NYTimes.com

How does my carrying a concealed pistol into a restaurant where I won't be drinking impact anyone?

How many incidents? What is the total number over how many years? How many required police interventon? How come we have not heard of a national epidemic of little league fights and massacres in states that already allow Concealed Carry at public parks ?
"Evil" people don't really exist.

There are merely situations.

People who carry concealed weapons can snap just like anyone else.

I've watched one do it.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM

774 posts, read 1,857,339 times
Default Should be clear by now...

Rockefeller and his super rich buddies feel it's too many people on the planet anyway.

But the real factor at work here is, "Social Engineering."
Designed Frustration more specifically.

They know how to control the masses. Regardless of country or form of politics ... it all goes back to Plato.
The father of behaviorism (John B. Watson) said, "Give me a baby and I'll make you any kind of man."

It's known that if you continue to frustrate human beings, it makes them more violent.

They're just giving us increased opportunity to take out that rage on each other. There's going to be more mass shootings and more Boston nut-jobs. Designed Frustration creates Designed Aggression.
That's why the corporate media tells us who to take the anger out on. Who's the weakest? Women, blacks, Mexicans or any other "Minority of The Day"... Gays and Lesbians ... et al...

Now mix in that America is defined by war.

In our entire history, we've only had 26 years of peace. Ever notice the wars really aren't fought to win nor win quickly? (Oh, sometimes with "Shock and Awe" there's a bankers message being delivered to one dictator or leader to open their vaults and resources to us. If they don't, we eventually go in and finish the job... but only to the extent that the banks make K-Zillions of dollars and the Military Industrial Complex gets fatter.)

It's why the American Revolution was fought... it's why Jefferson and Adams were so pissed
... and eventually why the war of 1812 was fought and the Fed was forced in. It's why our schools are so miserable ... that we don't learn the deeper meaning to any of it... from the Norman Conquest to the massacres of the Spanish-American War.

It's why art was removed from, "No Child Left Behind."

Americans have a very thin identity ...if you remove guns and the need for someone to push against... we'd fall on the floor in a puddle of emptiness devoid of self-esteem. We're taught to constantly be searing for an enemy. Stuff that has NO relevance to our personal lives... we're all up in arms about. Television is full of violence and empty addictive sex. Hate radio tells us who to get our adrenaline pumped up about today. The Prisons Industrial Complex was privatized for this very reason. Big money. RAGE!
(any fool knows alcohol and gun powder don't mix.)

Don't take my word for it... and don't waste time arguing with me about it. Instead, pull up a you tube video and search for, "Social Engineering."

Next, view a few videos on John B. Watson... the father of Behaviorism. Then Google, "Edward Bernays."
Then, tell me if anything I've written is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
"Evil" people don't really exist.

There are merely situations.

People who carry concealed weapons can snap just like anyone else.

I've watched one do it.
Evil people don't exist? Situations? I'm sure the victims and their families will find solace in that.

Quote:
"People who carry concealed weapons can snap just like anyone else.

I've watched one do it.
A sample size of one is hardly significant. I shouldn't have restrictions placed on me, nor should I be punished because of the actions of someone else.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
Evil people don't exist? Situations? I'm sure the victims and their families will find solace in that.

A sample size of one is hardly significant. I shouldn't have restrictions placed on me, nor should I be punished because of the actions of someone else.
Why not?

Ever hear a neighbor say "He was such a nice, quiet guy."?

It would be naive to assume otherwise.

The right to bear arms makes no mention of the right to bear them everywhere, all the time.

Sooo... Why can't it be restricted?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,537,164 times
There are laws against driving drunk because people can get killed when you mix alcohol and cars, however mixing alcohol and loaded guns does not seem to worry the legislature.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
Quote:
Why not?

Actually I haven't, but anecdotal news reports aside, I'm not that person and neither are the thousands of other law-abiding permit holders.

Quote:
The right to bear arms makes no mention of the right to bear them everywhere, all the time.

Self-defense is a human right and there are over 130 years of case law supporting it. The 1st Amendment doesn't mention the right to speak everywhere, all the time either. Should we restrict speech as well? Other states have similar laws and the crazy drunken shootouts did not occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
There are laws against driving drunk because people can get killed when you mix alcohol and cars, however mixing alcohol and loaded guns does not seem to worry the legislature.
If you had bothered to read the bill, you would know it is still illegal to drink while carrying.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Why not?

Nor does it mention of not having the right to bear them everywhere. There are restrictions already in place they're called permits.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
Rockefeller and his super rich buddies feel it's too many people on the planet anyway.

But the real factor at work here is, "Social Engineering."
Designed Frustration more specifically.

They know how to control the masses. Regardless of country or form of politics ... it all goes back to Plato.
The father of behaviorism (John B. Watson) said, "Give me a baby and I'll make you any kind of man."

It's known that if you continue to frustrate human beings, it makes them more violent.
They're just giving us increased opportunity to take out that rage on each other. There's going to be more mass shootings and more Boston nut-jobs. Designed Frustration creates Designed Aggression.
That's why the corporate media tells us who to take the anger out on. Who's the weakest? Women, blacks, Mexicans or any other "Minority of The Day"... Gays and Lesbians ... et al...

Now mix in that America is defined by war.
In our entire history, we've only had 26 years of peace. Ever notice the wars really aren't fought to win nor win quickly? (Oh, sometimes with "Shock and Awe" there's a bankers message being delivered to one dictator or leader to open their vaults and resources to us. If they don't, we eventually go in and finish the job... but only to the extent that the banks make K-Zillions of dollars and the Military Industrial Complex gets fatter.)

It's why the American Revolution was fought... it's why Jefferson and Adams were so pissed ... and eventually why the war of 1812 was fought and the Fed was forced in. It's why our schools are so miserable ... that we don't learn the deeper meaning to any of it... from the Norman Conquest to the massacres of the Spanish-American War.

It's why art was removed from, "No Child Left Behind."
Americans have a very thin identity ...if you remove guns and the need for someone to push against... we'd fall on the floor in a puddle of emptiness devoid of self-esteem. We're taught to constantly be searing for an enemy. Stuff that has NO relevance to our personal lives... we're all up in arms about. Television is full of violence and empty addictive sex. Hate radio tells us who to get our adrenaline pumped up about today. The Prisons Industrial Complex was privatized for this very reason. Big money. RAGE!
(any fool knows alcohol and gun powder don't mix.)

Don't take my word for it... and don't waste time arguing with me about it. Instead, pull up a you tube video and search for, "Social Engineering."

Next, view a few videos on John B. Watson... the father of Behaviorism. Then Google, "Edward Bernays."
Then, tell me if anything I've written is a lie.
On the contrary; when you compare us to the rest of the world we are quite passive. While other countries protest due to lack of jobs, poor leadership, and austerity what do Americans do? Point fingers. Protesting is frowned upon in this country and one need not any further than the demise of the union to realize that. Removing guns would only prevent the cowards (Adam Lanza types) from lashing out, as for the rest they would still kill, though the body count would be lower.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
Quote:

I've always felt relatively safe in most establishments I frequent. Without being armed.
"Relatively"?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:47 PM

90 posts, read 118,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
Any drunk idiot who wants to bring a gun into a bar already does. All this law does is allow law abiding citizens who have a concealed carry permit (and absolutely 0% of alcohol in their system) to carry a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol. You'll never know they have it, unless it's truly needed. Do you think someone with a concealed carry permit would risk losing their permit and prosecution if they were found with any alcohol in their system while carrying concealed?

It basically allows people who already are legally allowed to carry concealed in many places, carry concealed into more places. It also stiffens gun penalties. I think this was a win-win and It's not like I'm a huge fan of the General Assembly, but I think this was a common sense law change.
Why would you go to a bar and not drink? What's point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina