Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 AM

725 posts, read 1,501,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'll take care of myself, thanks.

I shot better than all but 2 of the men (and all the women) in my concealed carry class.

I let my permit lapse because I never really carried any of my guns. I took the class for fun.

See? Not a gun hater. Just don't see why everyone wants to pack heat all over town.
Why do you care then what other people choose to do then? Why can you "take care of yourself" yet you don't want others to have the same right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM

16,760 posts, read 8,228,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjeff View Post
Quick suggestion to actually read the laws before making judgements. The law quite clearly states that towns can ban firearms, including Concealed Carry, on athletic fields and the accompanying buildings such as restrooms during sporting events. These scenarios you are lamenting on, suggesting that the Republican Legislature should accommodate, are already accommodated in this new law.

What the new law prevents cities and counties from doing is labeling every last inch of public parks and greenway trail as a no carry zone, as is currently being done in a blatant end-run around the spirit of the current law.
I stand Corrected. See www.handgunlaw.us/states/northcarolina.pdf

Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,708,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Not a gun hater. Just don't see why everyone wants to pack heat all over town.
Likely because it helps some people deal with their paranoia better, just like having a security blanket.

I'm not a "gun hater" either, but I don't understand the mentality of feeling like one needs to carry their firearm with them 24/7.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM

725 posts, read 1,501,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Likely because it helps some people deal with their paranoia better, just like having a security blanket.

I'm not a "gun hater" either, but I don't understand the mentality of feeling like one needs to carry their firearm with them 24/7.
Do you always wear a seat belt?

Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM

875 posts, read 1,163,286 times
Quote:

The "gun owners are paranoid" meme is baseless. Some of us believe in taking responsibility for our own safety instead of relying on others.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM

978 posts, read 2,056,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
The "gun owners are paranoid" meme is baseless. Some of us believe in taking responsibility for our own safety instead of relying on others.
I have a gun on me the majority of the time, but I really wish I didn't have to. I'm not paranoid, but every time I hear about robberies, etc, I am glad I carry.

Sad world we live in where we have to carry a gun, record the police, and worry about being spied on electronically.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:12 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
It's not totally baseless. Sorry. It's just not.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Do you always wear a seat belt?
Nope. Only when I'm, you know, actually driving.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Thank you. My point.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Why do you care then what other people choose to do then? Why can you "take care of yourself" yet you don't want others to have the same right?
I don't think people always need to be carrying guns to take care of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina