Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 04:04 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,114 times

Advertisements

I am wanting to find small wooded acreage to build a cabin and need advice.
what locations in NC could one find mountainous or wooded undeveloped acreage...CHEAP( can you find small acreage at 3-4k/ac for acreage as small as 10 acres still?) As I live in Northern Georgia, my desire would be as close to the southwest corner of NC as possible.
I am an outdoorsman seeking unspoiled wildland and would like to be as close to national forest or public lands and waters as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 11:17 AM

129 posts, read 754,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
what locations in NC could one find mountainous or wooded undeveloped acreage...CHEAP( can you find small acreage at 3-4k/ac for acreage as small as 10 acres still?) As I live in Northern Georgia, my desire would be as close to the southwest corner of NC as possible.
I am an outdoorsman seeking unspoiled wildland and would like to be as close to national forest or public lands and waters as possible.
Hi outdoorman,

I sent you a PM, not sure if you got it or not. I can send you info on acreage available in Rutherford county. PM me if you're interested.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:02 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,114 times
Yes I'm interested in any assistance in finding the right tract of wooded land.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:28 PM

3 posts, read 18,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Well what do you call cheap. [moderator cut]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-19-2006 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: No advertising here, insert ONE posting in classified ads instead.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:01 PM

4 posts, read 34,747 times
Default YorkshireLass

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
Hi outdoorman,

I sent you a PM, not sure if you got it or not. I can send you info on acreage available in Rutherford county. PM me if you're interested.
Could you pm me as well about the same thing?

Thanks,
Gumby

Old 10-20-2006, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 16,719 times
Default undeveloped, mountainess, cheap land

Burnsville, North Carolina, Madison county and Spruce Pine These mountains are for sportsman and outdoors man. It is near the Pisagh mountains, The beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains. These are the appalachain mountains. This is on the out skirts of Asheville, N.C. Also going from one corner of Georgia to the corner of North Carolina well there you go large bodies of water, mountainest and undeveloped and cheap land. It is beautiful and cold in the winter. Great for hunting and fishing and hiking or whatever.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:43 AM

4 posts, read 34,747 times
Default Levig

Quote:
Originally Posted by levig View Post
Burnsville, North Carolina, Madison county and Spruce Pine These mountains are for sportsman and outdoors man. It is near the Pisagh mountains, The beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains. These are the appalachain mountains. This is on the out skirts of Asheville, N.C. Also going from one corner of Georgia to the corner of North Carolina well there you go large bodies of water, mountainest and undeveloped and cheap land. It is beautiful and cold in the winter. Great for hunting and fishing and hiking or whatever.

Please E-mail me about this sacolley@cox.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina