Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 01:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,014 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone! I am looking at a home in the Holly Chase Subdivision in Fayetteville, NC. Could anyone with knowledge of this area please enlighten me? I seem to be unable to find much of anything on this subdivision online!

I am married with 3 children, 12, 6, and 3, along with a mother-in-law under our support. Career field will be logistics based and my wife's will be in Healthcare Administration. We are interested in finding out about the schools in the area, safety overall (is it family friendly or crime ridden?) economy/job prospects, etc.

I have researched the area a bit and I have noticed quite a bit of shopping dining, and entertainment, so it seems like a decent place to head towards. Feel free to recommend other areas if you would like. Thank you in advance!

Brandon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 05:31 PM

983 posts, read 3,971,774 times
That looks like it's in the VanStory Hills Elementary school district...if it is, that's a great school, and you're in the Terry Sanford HS area....very desirable part of town.

Do you not have jobs lined up yet?? Wife could probably find a job with no trouble, but not sure about your career field. Have jobs before you move!

Old 09-01-2013, 04:24 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,778,087 times
From some real estate listings showing a different school assignment, which may not be as positive as the PP said.: "High School: SEVENTY-FIRST SENIOR HIGH Middle School: ANNE CHESTNUT MIDDLE SCHOOL Elementary School: E.E. MILLER" I'd confirm the school assignments with Cumberland County before you commit to the neighborhood.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:39 AM

3,604 posts, read 4,445,428 times
it is decent, you wont have much problems with violent crime but definitely keep valuables out of your car and definitely lock your doors at all hours of the day. break ins are commonplace around there.

actually i might be mistaken, searching fayobserver's crime reports there arent any recent reports of break ins in that area. lucky!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,962,778 times
Goldenage is correct it is in E.E. Miller elementary, Anne Chesnut Middle, 71st High School District. For school info look at ncschoolreportcard.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina