U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 08:29 PM

75 posts, read 320,558 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am planning to relocate from Pittsburgh to either Charlotte or the Raleigh area within the next year. I'm trying to learn how Charlotte compares to PGH.....Neighborhoods? Traffic? People? Any advice on what areas of Charlotte would be nice? I live in Bellevue now, but the area is getting more run down by the day. In Charlotte, I'd be interested in a development that would be a cross between, say...Forest Hills and Mt. Lebanon. Upper-middle class, educated, and preferably Democratic! I have more questions on the NC area......hope to hear back from some PGH'ers!

p.s. Pittsburgh 45.......Kansas City 7.......whooo hooo!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 08:33 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,430,220 times
The first thing is you have to become a Panther fan if you move to Charlotte there is not enough room for other teams to be supported

Traffice is a little congested but from i can tell its a little better than other area. Rides into Charlotte during rushhour can be a little enoying.

Sorry cannot compare the neighborhoods for you but there are some real nice area in and around Charlotte.

Good Luck!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,266 times
First off you'll obviously disregard that about becoming a panther fan, no Pittsburgher would ever do something so stupid like abandoning the greatest football franchise for a 2-bit team with a crier as thier stud...hahaha...ya that made me laugh. Anyway, i moved from Pgh last year to Raleigh, Cary specifically and it's really a whole different world. You'd have to come here and visit to experience it, just how everything is layed out and how things are far apart, like in PGH everything is crammed right next to each other, everything here is spread out. I know this a very general explanation but it really is a whole different world.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:13 PM

126 posts, read 387,926 times
I'll set you up with some steelers fans. I tried to convert them but no such luck.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:37 PM

80 posts, read 311,683 times
For those of you who have lived in both Pittsburgh and North Carolina can you tell me which place, in your opinion, is the best to raise a family. I am currently living in Northeast PA and considering a move somewhere we can afford a nice home in a good, safe neighborhood with good schools. Which place has a lower cost of living, and which place is less crowded. Pittsburgh came up as a good, inexpensive place to raise a family, in The Places Rated Almanac, but we are also interested in Raleigh because of the weather. Any input or observations would be very much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina