Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I think that anyone who supports the junk that our GA passed this year has to have their head in the sand. Read the ENTIRE thing. Do you support increasing the amount of money people can donate to politicians? I don't. They're crooked enough without extra cash.
That the part I disagree and that anyone, anywhere can contest a vote from anywhere in the state.
Meaning someone in Ashe County could if they want challenge a voter in Dare.

I do not like at whim they can hold special elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
That the part I disagree and that anyone, anywhere can contest a vote from anywhere in the state.
Meaning someone in Ashe County could if they want challenge a voter in Dare.

I do not like at whim they can hold special elections.
Yeah. I dislike that, also.

Another issue would be absentee ballots. Why'd they skip right over those?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,122 times
If I have to present an ID everywhere I go, and we are talking about Voting for the most powerful position on earth, we should all prove we say who we are. What's the big deal, these indigent, wretched and poor people have 3 years to get a free ID. They would greatly benefit them to have one. They can travel and fly, open a bank account, visit the democratic national convention...just like everybody else! Get your free ID and get on the team.

Holder...he is the 1st AG to be charged with Contempt of Congress and it looks like he's going to break his own record on Benghazi and the IRS scandals. He and the cry babies that want to break laws and change rules have a lot of integrity calling NC's voting law, racist.

Stop complaining and within the next 3 years, GO GET A FREE ID.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,594,965 times
You know, i found this really nice ten foot pole the other day, looks like it's really been taken care of. That said, I'm still not bringing it to this thread.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 AM

302 posts, read 368,609 times
Why isn't your voter registration card enough to prove who you are ? What's the point of even having it ? !

Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
If I have to present an ID everywhere I go, and we are talking about Voting for the most powerful position on earth, we should all prove we say who we are. What's the big deal, these indigent, wretched and poor people have 3 years to get a free ID. They would greatly benefit them to have one. They can travel and fly, open a bank account, visit the democratic national convention...just like everybody else! Get your free ID and get on the team.

Holder...he is the 1st AG to be charged with Contempt of Congress and it looks like he's going to break his own record on Benghazi and the IRS scandals. He and the cry babies that want to break laws and change rules have a lot of integrity calling NC's voting law, racist.

Stop complaining and within the next 3 years, GO GET A FREE ID.
Everything you mention needing ID for is a privilege, not a right.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintmj nyc View Post
Why isn't your voter registration card enough to prove who you are ? What's the point of even having it ? !
I have wondered the same myself.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:59 AM

875 posts, read 1,161,745 times
Quote:
No picture, no signature. I could take anyone else's card and pretend to be them. I can look up the names and addresses of property owners on IMAPS and pretend to be them at the polling place.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
What county did you register in that didnt ask for ID? I only registered twice since I was 18.
The last time I registered in 2002 she ask for my ID and filled out my card from it then explained where I would be voting at.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM

1,241 posts, read 2,320,381 times
Quote:
Voter ID card? I don't have one of those. I have never been asked to show one when I voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina