Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 PM

58,550 posts, read 26,835,306 times

Advertisements

Mother Jones. Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 08:28 PM

412 posts, read 681,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Mother Jones. Really?
What's your point if they are covering the story?

Old 05-28-2014, 06:44 AM

58,550 posts, read 26,835,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
What's your point if they are covering the story?
Because they have ZERO credibility. They are VERY left wing and EVERYTHING they write has a VERY strong left bias to it.

The fact that you don't know this doesn't give you much credibility either.

Like they say, "consider the source".

Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 AM

6,870 posts, read 7,822,415 times
Here is the link to the bill: Interpret it for yourself.

http://www.ncleg.net/Sessions/2013/B...PDF/S786v2.pdf

Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Because they have ZERO credibility. They are VERY left wing and EVERYTHING they write has a VERY strong left bias to it.

Are you saying that they are lying? I know that fox viewers very rarely come into contact with facts and believe that the concept means "liberal" but facts really are non-partisan.

NC fracking panel passes chemical disclosure rule - Newsobserver
Read more here: RALEIGH: NC fracking panel passes chemical disclosure rule | Economy | NewsObserver.com

North Carolina Senate outlaws disclosure of fracking fluid secrets - reuters
North Carolina Senate outlaws disclosure of fracking fluid secrets | Reuters

North Carolina Bill Would Make Revealing Fracking Secrets a Felony - Newsweek
http://www.newsweek.com/north-caroli...-felony-251537

There are more..

Old 05-28-2014, 07:05 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,127,591 times
Quote:

Oh, and here's one even from a Fox network affiliate, as I'm guessing you may find them "credible" (I'm laughing as I write this):

NC Senate OKs fracking bill; it could start as early as summer of 2015 | MyFOX8.com - News, Weather, Sports and more from WGHP Fox 8 Television

Need more?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,307,426 times
Let me get this straight.

Not knowing what kind of chemicals is being pumped in the ground during fracking is good for the people

Forcing former freeloaders or those with poor coverage to buy health ins is bad for the people.

In the Sand hills we have a serious water shortage problem and that's just where they want to do the fracking.

Do any of those approving of fracking even live in or near the Sand Hills?

Owning property but living elsewhere does not count.

Do we vote for politicians so they can improve their standard of living or do we vote for politicians so that we can maintain our quality of life?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Do we vote for politicians so they can improve their standard of living or do we vote for politicians so that we can maintain our quality of life?
It's supposed to be the latter but the collective "we" vote against our own best interests. So it ends up more frequently being the latter. I think we should force the legislators who vote for this, to live on adjoining land to any fracking site.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:58 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,546,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
What will fracking do to the real-estate market here in NC? Shouldn't we take our time and think this over? My friend up in West Virginia said his land became worthless (literally) when they started fracking near it and the water in his well started to smell funny.
I will sell my house and leave the state over it - not hyperbole. Just hope it sells before my property value plummets to nothing. Durham is on a shale basin.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 PM

11,910 posts, read 6,484,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Here's a link to email representatives:

home — NC Conservation Network
According to this link, it passed yesterday even though Twelve Repubs joined forty Dems against it.
Showtime has been having a documentary series called "Years of Living Dangerously" and one of the frightening things that's been just recently researched about fracking is that it releases huge amounts of methane into the air making it even worse than coal.

But on the positive side, according to this map, NC doesn't look like it has much shale gas lands.
http://maps.fractracker.org/latest/?...1c238319f03eeb

Last edited by mountainrose; 05-28-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina