U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are looking to move to NC to be closer to family and i was wondering how much the average apartment rentals are--GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD A MUST!! (Low crime rate) We have recently experienced 5 break-ins in less than a year in our current home. I have no idea what city to move to or else i would use an online apt search, so if anyone has any suggestions for smaller towns or quiet neighborhoods, that would be helpful. (We are both 22 and enjoy the simple life). Also, how readibly available are jobs? Thank you for any suggestions!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 61,664,176 times
Try a suburb of Charlotte like Huntersville. You are close to Charlotte but not to close to do deal with safety issues but close enough to enjoy amenities and recreation available. The Landings and Colonial Grand are two complexes I would recommend.
Try Apartments.com - Free Nationwide Apartment Search with the Most Visual Rental Listings Online. for listings. Depending on what you two plan on doing for work depends on the availability of jobs.

Good luck.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM

12 posts, read 25,022 times
hey I'm moving there too with my son.. I'm looking for someone to move with and share the cost of the trip... somthing you would be interested in?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM

9 posts, read 21,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summyr View Post
hey I'm moving there too with my son.. I'm looking for someone to move with and share the cost of the trip... somthing you would be interested in?

I am looking to move to, however I am thinking about Greenville... Where are you from. I may wnt to take you up on that offer! It would just be me!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:07 PM

201 posts, read 554,587 times
wow-I can't believe complete strangers are gonna hook up like that!!! Do people really do that in this day and age????? LOL

Ambry-where are your relatives? I agree with what someone else says-it depends on the type of job you are looking for. Medical and Computers and/or Technology are probably best fields to be in right now. Unemployment is at all time high here...maybe because we have so many people moving here that didn't line up a job first?????

Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaLeaveOhio View Post
I am looking to move to, however I am thinking about Greenville... Where are you from. I may wnt to take you up on that offer! It would just be me!
lol.. wow.. I posted that in 2007. I am actually back in AZ.. moved there, bought a house.. loved it for the most part, got married and am now getting divorced.... so I would go back to visit anytime but am no longer looking to go there. It took 3 days and took advantage of people i knew on the way by staying at their house instead of a hotel which saved money. I stopped in TX and then in TN... anyhoo, good luck on your adventure.. gas prices are much better (about half) of what they were when I moved and it had cost me.. a little more than a grand. WOW. I lived in Fayetteville.. we have a 4 bedroom house there that is sitting empty - has all the top notch appliances.. if you're interested in renting... 1111. for rent.. 2 car single garages and huge upstairs bonus room.. so 3 bedroom with bonus room... let me know. Have a great day and good luck!!

Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trese View Post
wow-I can't believe complete strangers are gonna hook up like that!!! Do people really do that in this day and age????? LOL

Ambry-where are your relatives? I agree with what someone else says-it depends on the type of job you are looking for. Medical and Computers and/or Technology are probably best fields to be in right now. Unemployment is at all time high here...maybe because we have so many people moving here that didn't line up a job first?????

have a little faith... people are generally great.. use your instincts for sure but you'll never get anywhere in life if you don't take risks sometimes... and don't forget to be smart.. let multiple people know, where you're supposed to end up at certain points in the day and what times.. and check in... there are police all over the world.. bring a cell phone that works... and have fun. This day in age people should expand their mind - wave to your neigbor and do something selfless for at least one person EVERYDAY. MAke your world around you better - it starts with YOU.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 PM

201 posts, read 554,587 times
This day and age---I'm not old!!! LOL -I am in my 40's. I guess I am thinking of all the people who come up missing and they are never found. I agree with having an open mind-mine is very open! BUT you have to be smart because you only have 1 life!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 PM

Thanks for your concern, but I would have done my research first! LoL. I'm not crazy! Nobody on here even knows my first name unless I tell them! The way I see it, it's no different then getting a room mate, you gotta make sure you know what you're getting in to!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summyr View Post
lol.. wow.. I posted that in 2007. I am actually back in AZ.. moved there, bought a house.. loved it for the most part, got married and am now getting divorced.... so I would go back to visit anytime but am no longer looking to go there. It took 3 days and took advantage of people i knew on the way by staying at their house instead of a hotel which saved money. I stopped in TX and then in TN... anyhoo, good luck on your adventure.. gas prices are much better (about half) of what they were when I moved and it had cost me.. a little more than a grand. WOW. I lived in Fayetteville.. we have a 4 bedroom house there that is sitting empty - has all the top notch appliances.. if you're interested in renting... 1111. for rent.. 2 car single garages and huge upstairs bonus room.. so 3 bedroom with bonus room... let me know. Have a great day and good luck!!

I'll have to see if I can swing that. I have a life long friend that may be coming with me. If she comes too, then I may take you up on that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina