Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 13,110 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any paranormal encounters or have seen a UFO or been abducted? I'd love to hear about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 04:41 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times
Brown Mountain Lights

Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM

7 posts, read 13,110 times
I've heard of those, havent seen them yet

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,497 times
Not personally, but I knew a couple former military pilots who had seen UFO's while airborne. In fact, two former astronauts insist they're real:
Gordon Cooper

Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs - YouTube
Edgar Mitchell

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell - Witness Testimony - YouTube

Despite anecdotal evidence from these two well respected figures, the fact that physical or at least more definitive recorded evidence hasn't surfaced prevents me from accepting the theory entirely.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
I saw a UFO in 1976, in Catawba County. I did have witnesses with me, lol. Nevertheless, when I tried reporting it, there was no one to report it to. The Sheriff's Dept got a good chuckle. So I called the Hickory Airport . . . and they got an even bigger laugh . . . my friends said - do NOT make more phone calls . . . they will send someone to come after us for mental health evaluations.

We actually walked up to the object. It was about 1/2 the size of a football field, made no noise other than a very low type of vibration that we could "feel."

This was before such movies as Close Encounters came out so . . . not like active imaginations had prevailed. It was not even late at night - about 8:30 on a September evening.

For years, I asked folks about any sightings and if others saw the object that night, they sure haven't admitted it in public.

Oh - and the really strange thing . . . this was NOT a "saucer shaped" object - it was more like a box - rectangular, with blue lights coming out of the top. The lights were almost like "beams" - that is what attracted our attention - the blue lights showing up behind trees. We went to find out what the heck could be making those lights and we couldn't believe what we found.

At this stage of my life, I couldn't care less if anyone believes me or not. I had witnesses with me and we all know what we saw, as unlikely as it would be to find a huge rectangular UFO hovering above a field in Catawba County, NC.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM

617 posts, read 1,201,935 times
Joshua P Warren is a popular paranormal investigator from NC. I've heard tons of fascinating stories and reports from him on CtoC. Here's his site: The Official Website Of Joshua P Warren Paranormal Investigator Broadcaster and Author

Old 10-29-2013, 12:29 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
Joshua P Warren is a popular paranormal investigator from NC. I've heard tons of fascinating stories and reports from him on CtoC. Here's his site: The Official Website Of Joshua P Warren Paranormal Investigator Broadcaster and Author
Thank you for posting this, ARUSHAN!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:30 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,308,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
Isn't Steven Greer also from Charlotte? He kind of looks like an alien himself...

Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,341,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
At this stage of my life, I couldn't care less if anyone believes me or not.
You're brave for sharing, and (believe it or not) I believe you. I had an experience back when I lived in Kentucky. The weird part about my experience is that I honestly don't know if it really happened or if it was a dream (try to follow me on this, because it's WEIRD).

One night (around midnight) I was driving on a rural road near Ashland KY. Keep in mind that I never believed in UFO/Aliens or any of that sort of stuff. To be honest, I was so ignorant to this topic that I truly believed that "black folks" didn't have these types of experiences LOL. Anyway, as I drove on this road, this completely silent craft moved across the road just above the tree tops. This thing was easily 3-4 times the size of the big rig I was driving. As I moved closer to this object (doing about 60 mph) it changed course and began to move towards me. Now, before I go into what happened next, let me first explain what I meant by changed course. It didn't curve or decelerate like a conventional aircraft. It changed course abruptly like how a flying insect instantly changes direction. It basically changed its direction without even slowing down.

Shortly after the course change, an extremely bright white light shot out from this thing. The light was so bright, that I could see the pink inside of my own eyelids with my eyes closed. As crazy as this all sounds, I did actually wake up from what appeared to have been a weird dream. However, there was actual talk of a UFO sighting in the area a few days after I had my "dream". The witnesses' descriptions perfectly matched the description of what I saw in this "dream". My dream also matches the descriptions of others around the world who claimed to have been abducted. Whether it was a real experience or a bad slice of pizza before going to bed, I honestly don't know. I have had more distant sightings since then that certainly happened while I was awake though.

At this point in the game, I've been hooked on this topic ever since my own personal experiences. During some of my research, I've found quite a few cases like mine (which was a total surprise). So it seems, many of the more "legit" cases are those strange cases where a person's consciousness was the "bridge" rather than an actual physical event. In some cases, a physical and conscious event took place at the same time. These are concepts that are very difficult for our society to accept because we still truly believe that the physical is "all there is" to reality. If this were true, visitations from dead loved ones and psychic visions would not occur.

IMO, there are "others" in this 14.5 billion year old universe who know for a fact that consciousness is "king" and they've figured out how to interface with it directly. I also tend to believe these "other people" are the ones behind the many different faiths and religions found on this planet. Not only do I believe we're not alone, I believe we've never been alone and never will be. 6 years ago, I honestly thought guys like me were nuts, but it's one of those topics where seeing is believing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Isn't Steven Greer also from Charlotte? He kind of looks like an alien himself...
Yes he is. Charlotte is actually where he claims his first sighting took place.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:42 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,712 times
I can't remember the exact year but I believe it was 92 or 93. It was October 31st and I was sitting on the steps of my front porch located between Mint Hill, NC and Midland, NC. The moon was shining above the clouds and I saw a circle shaped shadow move across the clouds. The shadow was moving from west to east. The object didn't make any noise and all I could see was the shadow of the object because it was flying above the clouds. I remember the clouds covered the sky and the shadow was able to move across the clouds very fast. I know the few people I've told thought I was telling a lie or I imagined it. If I didn't see it with my own eyes then I wouldn't believe it either. I remember there were no more people trick or treating so it must have been a little later in the night but I can't remember the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina