Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:30 PM

30 posts, read 109,187 times

Advertisements

werd ................its the brooklyn education dont worry about it there , teacher, i bet your a teacher?

and for me it doesnt matter i've been using the internet since i was around 8 yrs old so i dont need to type proper, usually never look back at my writing there is no need, you get what i write thats all that matters.

holla if you heard me

Last edited by ymets2k02; 10-17-2006 at 03:44 PM..

Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM

338 posts, read 1,445,570 times
I hear ya- yes I am a teacher...said I was sorry couldn't help myself!

Old 10-17-2006, 04:04 PM

83 posts, read 346,350 times
I don't dislike Ny'ers and I try not to discriminate. I've lived in Fl all my life though and I know plenty of people who do not like "yankees" or northerners for a lot of reasons already mentioned. My experience with many (not all of them) is that they come to the south expecting to live the same loud, fast paced lifestyle they did up north. I've heard so many northerners complain about how the cashier at the grocery store takes too long to scan their groceries or greets them and they just want to get in and out. So yeah, like someone else had said, it seems like a lot of northerners move down south, complain about how the pace is slower, and make fun of the "culture". In the mean time those of us who have lived here all of our lives are sometimes struggling to get by because we can't afford our bills or housing after the northerners have come down and brought their expensive, fast paced lifestyle with them for the rest of us to endure. It can be a bitter pill to swallow for many. I just keep it into perspective and realize that you can't blame a certain region or group of people for all of your problems. I'm sure the northerners don't intend to drive prices up or native people out of their homeland. It just happens.

I think the most important thing to remember is a bit of sensitivity if you are from the north. Even if it is difficult to get used to the difference in lifestyle or culture around here, it is downright disrespectful to tell that to everyone you meet when you chose to move down. It is best to keep it to yourself. Then I don't think there would be so many problems.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:27 PM

i heard that someone will automatically know i'm from the north because people from the south speak differently? or slower and nyers speaker faster is this true? or prob its with some people anyhow that compared to nyers southerns are slower like you mentioned at doing things

Old 10-17-2006, 05:43 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,255 times
One of the things I hear so many times how people move here wanting the slower pace of life, but then when they get here complain that its too slow. Its just a cliche thing thats said when people try to justify reasons for moving. I refuse to believe that you cant find slow paced towns and ways of life up north.

Another major thing is the overcrowding and stress on schools and roads. Developers put up these residential neighborhoods that are complete in 6 months time and are all vinyl siding and are so cheap, but they look cheap too. It seems alot of people look at the few farm fields left here and say "you know, it looks real nice, but a Target shopping center would look even nicer!" People dont spread out either, the are all coming to the exact same areas and creates even more overcrowding.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:54 PM

i noticed people arent so nice with manners, i thought we were bad up in upstate ny, but we are better. Just for example holding a door for someone few times get no thanks no nothing, people driving i figure let them head out of the drive way first get no thanks with a hand no nothing, so i say people are the same down there just like ny almost , alot of people have no manners it seems when i went down to look at apartments, its horrible , anyways doesnt matter i'm going down there for cheaper living so cant expect much in a state, people are people anyway you fold it, thats why i dont like people really, o well thats life

Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
ymets2k02, I'm really not sure where yo uare going with this thread. If the state and the people do not suite your fancy then why move here? i'm sure there are some other states that might meet you tastes. How about Atlanta?

Old 10-17-2006, 06:14 PM

nah i'm relocating with my company and its really cheap down there and nice, so like i said i wont mind the people

Old 10-17-2006, 06:16 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
Well the number one rule is you must become a Braves fan!

Old 10-17-2006, 06:18 PM

boo!!!!! NY METS all da way, down with the other teams, just to prove my point watch tonights game its starting in a few minutes on fox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina