Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 03:49 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times

Advertisements

In my work along with my personal life I meet a lot of people. For some reason very few natives. Almost everyone I meet is from somewhere else. Even most of the people I work with are from somewhere else. NY,NJ mostly. I don't have a problem with transplants at all. It's just kinda weird to be seemingly the only native. For example,yesterday I was looking at a new apartment. The agent was from NY I think. Been here about a year. He asked me where I was from,I told him Raleigh. He was amazed. Like he just saw an endangered species or something. He said I never get that, everyone seems to be from somewhere else. My response was I hear that all the time. Where are the born and raised Triangle natives. Maybe we are a endangered species?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:29 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,380,419 times
i was born in NC, grew up here and still live here. My question is so what? My second question is, did you mean to post this on the Triangle Board?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:38 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
In my work along with my personal life I meet a lot of people. For some reason very few natives. Almost everyone I meet is from somewhere else. Even most of the people I work with are from somewhere else. NY,NJ mostly. I don't have a problem with transplants at all. It's just kinda weird to be seemingly the only native. For example,yesterday I was looking at a new apartment. The agent was from NY I think. Been here about a year. He asked me where I was from,I told him Raleigh. He was amazed. Like he just saw an endangered species or something. He said I never get that, everyone seems to be from somewhere else. My response was I hear that all the time. Where are the born and raised Triangle natives. Maybe we are a endangered species?

In Raleigh, maybe. Plenty of born-and-raised here.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:56 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
i was born in NC, grew up here and still live here. My question is so what? My second question is, did you mean to post this on the Triangle Board?
I actually did mean to post on Triangle forum. It's just a question buddy. If you don't like it "so what"

Old 01-29-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I actually did mean to post on Triangle forum. It's just a question buddy. If you don't like it "so what"
I'm just asking what your point is...if you don't have one, then more power to you.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:31 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,495,577 times
Maybe in the Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham metros there are a lot of transplants but venture out into the other areas and it's still very much a native NC population for the most part.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
Maybe in the Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham metros there are a lot of transplants but venture out into the other areas and it's still very much a native NC population for the most part.
This. Frankly, when I moved to Charlotte, I was very surprised at how many natives I came in contact with.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:27 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
BINGO!

I'm on the western edge of the Charlotte metro. The town is literally in & not in the metro because it's in 2 counties. My guess is that 1/3 are natives of the town, 1/3 are from somewhere else in NC, & 1/3 are from somewhere else. My numbers could be off somewhat.

I had a seasonal job in Hickory. It involved dealing with rewards cards & what I saw was NC natives who had moved & people from elsewhere outnumbered locals there, as well. Overall it's just my personal experience with 2 cities, so it holds no water, but it seems to me that most people are moving. The population is shifting.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:47 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,309,419 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'm just asking what your point is...if you don't have one, then more power to you.

Ha ha... Sounds like all those NY'ers are rubbing off on you two!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Ha ha... Sounds like all those NY'ers are rubbing off on you two!
Them's fightin' words! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina