Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,752,816 times

Advertisements

Funny you said that. I'm going to pick up som DD's today. I'm a sucker for the holiday munchkins covered in sprinkles!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 PM

954 posts, read 4,375,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaLicious View Post
I wonder how many of us have had to indulge in Donuts after reading this thread? LOL!
I probably gained a pound just talking about it.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:39 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,542,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
I probably gained a pound just talking about it.
Not to much unlike Sinbad (the comedian) who said he gain 5 lbs just walking past a bakery!

Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 AM

7 posts, read 31,051 times
mmmnn fried clams.....i totally agree since i frequent maine ALOT-

also i completely agree with you NYtoNC- there are no Ikea's here. That i miss from NY.....

If anyone is a fan of Sushi i know of two AMAZING PLACES around Raleigh-Better than the places i would go to on Long Island.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:38 AM

145 posts, read 849,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
[CENTER][/CENTER]
Are we still talking about donuts??

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAY TOO FUNNY!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 08:57 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,651,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Just as a moderating influence. To help people see that milder winters or cheaper mortgages are not everything. Hopefully, to help people make more informed decisions, and maybe to prevent someone from making a very costly mistake. My Mom still lives in NC. Its not that I hate the place. I just know from experience, that it isn't for everyone.

Right. Neither is NY and I lived in NYC for years. Grew up less than 30 miles away.

I travel there now at least 3 times a year and it's great.....for a few days and then it's "Driver, take me to the airport".

Old 10-28-2006, 08:59 AM

2,209 posts, read 7,651,992 times
So I have a bit of experience there. From the burbs of NJ to an apartment in Bay Ridge to a loft in Soho. ( Well, arguably Soho, arguably the Village, look up Renwick street. It's only 1 block long. )

Old 11-02-2006, 08:20 AM

9 posts, read 31,794 times
Default Missing some things....but not all

Hey there!! We just moved here from NJ a year ago and it is really different from where we came from. We were in the suburbs right outside of Philly. Everything open all the time, neighbors to visit and cheese steaks to eat!! Here we are way in the country, our choice....not too many people to visit and things sure do close early and open late!
I am not a food junkie but, I do miss Dunkin Donuts (Statesville to far!) No one can make a cheesesteak like Geno's in Philly. The markets here take some getting used to. It usually takes me 2-3 stores to do all my shopping as everything is not in one store. And, you are right....where are all the fresh seafood stores? Key West restaurant on 321 is great though!
I have been looking for a good kitchen gadget store such as kitchen kapers, sur la table or even william sonoma. Anyone know where one is? Thanks

Old 11-02-2006, 09:21 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,337,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adream View Post
[CENTER][/CENTER]
Are we still talking about donuts??
Yoo-Hoo! How can I get a copy of "my" picture???

Old 09-15-2007, 09:15 AM

3,286 posts, read 9,181,398 times
Spent 6 years in MI...I do miss Paczki's. I will miss having a cold Christmas. I will NOT miss shoveling the white stuff.

What I seriously missed while in MI:
Duke's Mayo (had it shipped to me by friends if i wasn't visiting often enough until I could order online)
White Lily Flour

Everything else, I could deal with. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina