Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,319 times

Advertisements

jacksonville NC
i visited a couple weeks ago and it was a RUN DOWN CITY. abandoned buildings everywere crackheads dancing on the corner. me and my sister went into the dunkin donuts for 5 minutes an came out to see are wind sheild to are car cracked and spray painted its a city i would not want my kids o be raised!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 09:34 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
For those here that say they have never seen any "southern hospitality" in the years since moving here need to take a long look in the mirror.

Perhaps it is very true that you have never received any, as southern hospitality is not the normal response to outsider arrogance or a condescending attitude. You reap what you sow.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklo13 View Post
jacksonville NC
i visited a couple weeks ago and it was a RUN DOWN CITY. abandoned buildings everywere crackheads dancing on the corner. me and my sister went into the dunkin donuts for 5 minutes an came out to see are wind sheild to are car cracked and spray painted its a city i would not want my kids o be raised!!!!
Where in J-actionville did you go to. I have been there many times and all though traffic is horrible I would not say it was that bad although crime is growing. Greenville is another that has bad traffic and growing crime.
My step-daughter lives in Fayetteville and I agree its the pits.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 AM

21 posts, read 91,088 times
Default What about Murphy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Fayetteville (of course)
Kinston
Grifton
Conetoe
Rocky Mount
Tarboro
Columbia
Robersonville
Williamston

At least that's a good start.

Do you know anything about Lake Murphy, we are not getting many replies about this one....

Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Where in J-actionville did you go to. I have been there many times and all though traffic is horrible I would not say it was that bad although crime is growing. Greenville is another that has bad traffic and growing crime.
My step-daughter lives in Fayetteville and I agree its the pits.
I asked my wife as she is from Jackoffville, she said it must've been Court St.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM

30 posts, read 101,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick0427 View Post
CARY= Central Area Relocated Yanks CLAYTON= Cary Like Area Yanks To Own Next! both great places to live!
To continue on = Transplantville=Stepford=Peoples Republic of CARY!

Old 03-27-2008, 03:55 PM

39 posts, read 147,599 times
My comment for someone saying to stay where you are or go somewhere else,We are relocating to north carolina, My husbands family is from there.Although my husband has been gone for 25 years,We are good ol southern Indiana people here.Just going back to our/my husbands roots.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 9,970 times
hillsborough, its boring and full of trailers

Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinecityxox View Post
hillsborough, its boring and full of trailers

Hillsborough is a town with a split personality. On the south side, there are tons of fast food restaurants & it's far from attractive. If the only part of Hillsborough you see is the area near the highway exits, you won't be impressed with the town. However, if you drive north just a mile or 2, you'll find a sweet, quaint little downtown area with great, historic buildings & museums, as well as lovely restaurants (like the patisserie run by an honest-to-goodness French pastry chef). There are some beautiful, older homes in that area & some gorgeous newer neighborhoods, too.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
Hey everyone..OP here...it has been so long since I posted this question and I thought you would all like to know that we chose to live in North Durham. After extensive research, we learned that Durham is a beautiful, artsy, exciting, diverse, historic and friendly place to live. We live in an absolutely beautiful community and have been welcomed with gifts and hugs--yes, HUGS. My husband also works in East Durham (gasp!!) and that is supposed to be the "bad area"! We always say that East Durham is like Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood compared to the bad areas of our native New Jersey/Philly!! [MOD] removed [/MOD] Best wishes to you all!
Since you are in N. Durham then you need to slide over to Hillsborough if you like history. Cornwallis found it so you shouldn't have any problem finding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina